Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a squad unit has an asset attached to it and is reduced to several single step units, who gets the attached asset? Likewise, if a HQ with attached assets is reduced to a casualty do the assets get removed for the mission?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squads have no holding boxes, thus the only 'assets' they may be 'carrying' typically are rifle grenades or other ammo (that's off the top of my head—I may be forgetting a thing or two). If broken down via combat, randomize who gets what. If a step (or more) becomes a casualty and is chosen randomly to still be carrying an asset, that asset is dropped on map. If an HQ becomes a casualty, it drops any assets it is carrying, also on the map.

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Squads have no holding boxes, thus the only 'assets' they may be 'carrying' typically are rifle grenades or other ammo (that's off the top of my head—I may be forgetting a thing or two). If broken down via combat, randomize who gets what. If a step (or more) becomes a casualty and is chosen randomly to still be carrying an asset, that asset is dropped on map. If an HQ becomes a casualty, it drops any assets it is carrying, also on the map.

Thanks Ricky, your breakdown of what to do with the assets makes sense. In regards to Non-HQ units carrying assets other than ammo and rifle grenades I was going off 2.3.2 which implies they can be assigned any of the pyrotechnics as well, "..you will have leeway in assigning assets to Platoon HQs, CO HQ, CO Staff or other units as you see fit.."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmmm....maybe I've been playing wrong. I've been assigning pyrotechnics to the Platoon HQ's just like has been shown in the examples of play, and using a command to give (for example) smoke to an assault team so they can blast it off during general initiative after advancing into some open terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
truep wrote:
Hmmm....maybe I've been playing wrong. I've been assigning pyrotechnics to the Platoon HQ's just like has been shown in the examples of play, and using a command to give (for example) smoke to an assault team so they can blast it off during general initiative after advancing into some open terrain.

Still a valid option , just you have more choices. I generally assign to a platoon or HQ
dier or tw
Assets
HQs and Staff units normally carry these. For HQ and Staff place them in the applicable boxes on the Command Display until ready for use, other units may carry and use them by placing them under that unit.

HQ and Staff can still fire them , they would normally be accompanied by a soldier or two.
They are a good order unit on their command mode side and can command themselves to perform actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:

Best,
Ricky

I have been playing when there is a loss the survivors divide up what they can carry. If you lose an A weapon grenades may seem more attractive or you may want to save the ammo and definitely grab those red flares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went back and reread 5.1.6A, that really spells out what infantry units can carry, and their carrying limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.