Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Patches - Ecell Consumable Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just started playing TMB and am really liking it. I looked through the forum but could not find a specific answer to this question so thank you in advance.

I acquire the Ecell consumable through fortunate discovery. At the time I acquire it, is that when i roll for the counter? or do i include it in a turn roll (using up 1 dex) and then move it to a locked slot with whatever counter i rolled? then once counter decremented to 0, it goes back to the box vs the mat.

Just want to make sure.

thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
b4retina wrote:
Hi,

Just started playing TMB and am really liking it. I looked through the forum but could not find a specific answer to this question so thank you in advance.

I acquire the Ecell consumable through fortunate discovery. At the time I acquire it, is that when i roll for the counter? or do i include it in a turn roll (using up 1 dex) and then move it to a locked slot with whatever counter i rolled? then once counter decremented to 0, it goes back to the box vs the mat.

Just want to make sure.

thanks much.

Check back of Patches's sheet. Roll when acquired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to TMB!

The E-Cells die is rolled when acquired, and put in your locked slot. You then tick it down each time you use Overcharge or roll Zappack. Further details are on the back of Patches' reference sheet

And yes, once it gets down to 0, it goes back in your tray and you'd need another fortunate discovery to get it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OOOps.. i'm so sorry. Right there on the reference sheet. Thank you for not burning me down :-)

Only follow up question is why there is a place for it on the mat die storage area. It sounds like it never will be there since it goes right to locked area.

thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
b4retina wrote:
OOOps.. i'm so sorry. Right there on the reference sheet. Thank you for not burning me down :-)

Only follow up question is why there is a place for it on the mat die storage area. It sounds like it never will be there since it goes right to locked area.

thanks again.

Ya... there are a couple dice like that, that would never actually sit in their spot on the mat. But maybe they thought it would have been confusing for players to have 1 spot on their mat not punched, and they might think it was a production error? Or maybe it was easier/more cost efficient to keep all of the mats with the same amount of punches for skill dice? Maybe they tried it and it just looked odd without a punch there? Who knows. The hole there doesn't really hurt anything though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed. that makes sense. It's nice and balanced looking now and I have not played any other character yet but perhaps some of the others do use the whole mat.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.