Zombicide: Green Horde» Forums » General

Subject: Zombicide Green Horde: Friends and Foes worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Zombicide Green Horde: Friends and Fools worth it?
I am personally really excited for Friends and Foes, even more so than No Rest for the Wicked. The new zombies look really cool and fun, plus I love games that have companion/pet style characters. I cannot speak to previous companions in past Zombicide games, as I have not played them. Plus you get new heroes to play as and new tiles.

Ultimately, you have to look at the content and decide if you think it is worth the money you will have to spend on it. You could always wait until it hits retail and read/watch some reviews about that particular expansion. You will only miss out on the exclusive hero that comes with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have given it a thought.

We already have 34 heroes kickstarter exclusive, 4 more heroes are really necessary? I have almost regreated the rat king and the ultimate heroes, Have only gotten then because i could end up passing forward.

And the tiles? It really amazes me how people valorize them. Why does that happen? Is it because of the possibility of new fan made quests? or is it because of the interraction with other CMON games? I only possess Zombicide, so the second reason wouldn't hit me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The gameplay is built upon three factors:

Different Hero abilities
Different Enemy abilities
Map Layouts

So having new and different tiles with new scenarios is one of the three big factors to create exciting gameplay.

I think new tiles get a lot of value because out of the three factors, it gets the lowest count. We are swimming in Heroes; after this KS we are swimming in different enemies; we still don't have enough different tiles...in my opinion.

There's also a KS exclusive hero that comes with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But my point about the tiles is: You can only use them on setted quests.

Unless you keep on creating your own personal quests, you depend on the oficial ones from CMON or the fan made ones...

I tend to follow oficial quests, I never use the tiles as I please, that's why I can't see much value on them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
Creating your own quests is half the fun!

New heroes is boring. New tiles is epic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Guess I lack a lot of imagination them...

Should be creating my guests long ago.

Anyway, Has anyone here ever played with companions? What actions can they perform? Is that nice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
I am personally really excited for Friends and Foes, even more so than No Rest for the Wicked. The new zombies look really cool and fun, plus I love games that have companion/pet style characters. I cannot speak to previous companions in past Zombicide games, as I have not played them. Plus you get new heroes to play as and new tiles.

Ultimately, you have to look at the content and decide if you think it is worth the money you will have to spend on it. You could always wait until it hits retail and read/watch some reviews about that particular expansion. You will only miss out on the exclusive hero that comes with it.

I guess we'll only now if it is worth it when we receieved and played the boxes ..

That said, I decided to rather go for new quests and tiles (F&F) than for even more monsters (NRftW). Especially since I already have the BP KS box and stuff.
Personally I am not overly enthiastic for "pets" in general though, not a fan of the extra micromanagement. And in Acradia Quest: Pets some pet bonusses are really overpowered to the point that the monsters weren't a challenge anymore. Not really fun imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's probably worth it. Wulfsburg still costs around$ $40-$45. Both big box expansions cost $50 each and they come with KSE survivors based on characters of a popular show. I expect that the whole Stranger Things set will be sought out by fans and those who didn't back Green Horde.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.