Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Why no number of cards from each 'encounter se't? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmb
When Building scenario, they tell you which sets go into encounter deck. WOuld it te so hard for them that they put number next to each set picture of how much is there of this sets cards? So you Know for example, okay, I found 3 of those 'dove' encounter cards, that all of them etc.
Not only would you have to spend less time searching for cards, but you would also Know if you maybe have misplaced card somewhere...

Since I don't have any special storage solution, nor do I keep each set of cards separate, because then I would have to had bigger box + dozens upon dozens of dividers(a lot of sets only contain few cards), making encounter deck each time becomes a choir which I am not liking at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a X/X on the bottom of the encounter cards which tells you how many cards are in the encounter set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, if we knew the total amount of cards per encounter deck, it would be faster

And this is something I noticed with other games too (like the AI deck for Gears of War: The Board Game and the enemy deck for Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
There should be a X/X on the bottom of the encounter cards which tells you how many cards are in the encounter set.

This. Once you've found the first card in the encounter set you're looking for just look in the bottom right corner for X/Y. The Y is the number of cards in the encounter set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is what you want. There are 16 cards in this card's encounter set.

The top number is less useful, since it's the same on duplicate cards. But the total cards tells you want you want to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
The top number is less useful, since it's the same on duplicate cards.

With the possible exception of a couple of misprints, this isn't true. Each copy of a card will have a different number on it, even if the rest of the card is the same. Check the "Rats" set: all three cards are the same, apart from the bottom corner - one reads "1/3", one reads "2/3" and one reads "3/3".

It's not frequently useful, but if you find your set doesn't have the full number of cards, you should be able to find what the missing number is and from that find out what card you're missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh, gotta check this next time, cool! I was not aware of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:

The number that remains the same for duplicate cards is the 116 in the example above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
CSerpent wrote:

The number that remains the same for duplicate cards is the 116 in the example above.

That's what I was thinking of. My mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:

This is what you want. There are 16 cards in this card's encounter set.

The top number is less useful, since it's the same on duplicate cards. But the total cards tells you want you want to know.

Before I zoomed in I thought that read 17/16 for a moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.