Popular Tags: [View All]
daniel balik
Czech Republic
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
in my last coop game (solo controlling two characters) I managed to obtain Fame and Fortune event in the first round of the game by one of my characters.

I took the first of the two possibilities:
Rumor. .. Keep this card. Whenever the time track advances, gain 1 gold. Any hero in Market Town may spend 1 action to discard this card and he gains 1 gold

well, this is obvious in competetive games, but in cooperative and solo games this defacto means 1 gold per turn. This earned me 1 gold per turn so I had tons of money and I could buy everything I needed.

Isn't this too strong? I know you must draw it early in the game, but if you are lucky, it would give you unspeakable amount of cash.

out of toppic:
at this game I have created possibly the strongest character at my games so far:

Lyssa:
--------------------------
- Halberd (red), Lightning Rune (red), Mana Armor (blue), Claw Hand (green), Noble Steed (yellow)
- Skilled Tracker, Dual Wield, Exploit Defense, Tap Life

When I saw Noble Steed on the shop I knew immediately Lyssa needs it. With it (and with ambushing opponent on plains) the Stalk Prey ability will threat for 5 potential damage! (explore to deal damage for each matching terrain symbol). Skilled Tracker ability helped a lot - when exterting to reroll terrain dice I can reroll two dice instead. Great combo.
At the end, Lyssa had 7 combat tokens (both great on offense and defense), 11 life points, killer skill Stalk Prey and also another helpful ability - Tap life - to be able to extert more than three time per combat (one per turn when exterting take 1 damage instead of card). Exploit defense was not necessary, I didn't use it once, as Lyssa was able to kill everything easily alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is one of a few cards that are effectively 'broken' in co-op. Another is Rogue's Garb. The simplest solution for this one would be to disallow choosing the Rumor option in co-op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a problem. You were just lucky to stumble over a quest card that lets you get an awesome piece of gear in a particular city.

More than enough gear sets that cost 12 Gold etc...

It may be awesome in a PvP game, but 1. You still need to pull it at the very start of a game and 2. Still have the time to get the gear before the uncertain timing runs out in the game.

As such Gold does not win the game.

BUT I only play with one hero though and in solo mode. So it may be different in pure co op.

Is there an official FAQ to answer this ? If not it is not considered officially broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a solo game, you aren't supposed to use cards that reference other players, so that event would be replaced when drawn.

Might be best to apply the same rule in a coop game. Since the cards are balanced around the expectation that other players are competing with you, any card referencing another player wouldn't be properly balanced when those players are your allies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.