Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Taylor
Australia
ARTARMON
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering which of the official game mats most players would recommend to use with the starter set? I was inclined towards the Coast mat or possibly the Countryside mat.

...Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the two that most often out of stock at Aerodrome Accessories. I bought the City mat, but would like the Coast mat for Battle of Britain scenarios: defending airfields or dive-bombing Chain Home towers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suspect the Countryside mat is most sold, especially for folks who start getting several.

The coast map is beautiful but causes limitations.

If I had a druther I would ask them to make another "countryside" that was different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Taylor
Australia
ARTARMON
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up buying the Coastline map as that seemed the most suitable for the Battle of Britain set.

Limitations though you say?

...Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the coast map the best. One disclaimer, my focus is on the war in the Pacific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Taylor
Australia
ARTARMON
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Coast map as I thought it would best suit the Battle of Britain setting. And it absolutely did! Very pleased I chose the Coast map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently used the Coast playmat for a Dunkirk scenario for the movie, together with a couple of Sails of Glory mats.

I only preferred to put a blue cardboard on the islands, to be more true to the French coast. Since there was a ship moving, it was relevant. Next time I'll look for a darker one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.