Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, want to ask several things:

1. During Auction phase, after a player choose to pass, he takes the highest turn order tile (in a 4-player game, if he was the first to pass, he takes the 4th turn tile), am I correct?

2. And does he immediately take the Auction withdrawal tile or wait until all players have already pass and the Auction withdrawal tiles are taken based on the new turn order (starting from the first player and so on).
Auction withdrawal tile which gives 2 advances in palace level is very powerful than the others. Is this true? And player who takes it first practically will always choose this instead others. Logically the first one to take the tiles should be in descending order, from the last player to the first in counter turn order.

3. For Imperial treasure card, players can use this during management phase (once per round). But when other player takes a treasure card from someone else before him (which the treasure card had already been used) can the player who took the card can use this card the second time?
And after that if the next player also taking that same treasure card, can he uses it the third time?

And the treasure cards, are they balance? The ring / bangle seems overpowered by giving points, while others only give emperor's trust and soldier cubes.

4. In rare case where a player need to take a soldier cube but not enough in the supply, all players return 2 cubes to the supply. If a player cannot return two cubes from his possession, he got penalty 2VP per cube he cannot return?

5. When scoring policy card, the player with highest point in emperor's trust will choose which one to score first, but can he choose not to do all the three actions (scoring policy, flip policy and 3VP or scoring policy, treasure card and 3 VP)? This affects his emperor's trust point whether he cannot pay the points or want to save it for the next scoring (timing policy cards that can be scoring).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter B
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. He takes the highest still available turn order tile. So yes you are correct in your example.

2. He immediately takes the auction withdrawal tile. This means that based on the tiles available and his strategy, it might be interesting for a player to pass earlier instead of going for first player position.

3. Yes. Yes. Although the chance of this happening, is pretty low.

If the ring is supposedly more powerful, it also means there's less chance to get stolen.

4. No, 3vp. You can read this in the manual.

5. No. When he gets the tile with the tile flipping, he can ignore tile flipping, all else he has to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I also got reply from the designer himself.

One thing to mention though.
Your reply for Q3, this low chance happened several times during my first play.
Basically this can happened if in the display there are more than one lines that have a treasure tile (which there will be more than one player can take a treasure tile this round).

And for the ring, of course it's powerful right?
What do you mean less chance to get stolen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter B
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I also got reply from the designer himself.

One thing to mention though.
Your reply for Q3, this low chance happened several times during my first play.
Basically this can happened if in the display there are more than one lines that have a treasure tile (which there will be more than one player can take a treasure tile this round).

And for the ring, of course it's powerful right?
What do you mean less chance to get stolen?

How did you get a reply from the designer? Did you e-mail him?

I think that only happened one or 2 times in 3 of my games. You did discard the tiles right? Instead of putting them back in the bag.

I meant more popular/powerful = more chance to get stolen, so less popular/powerful = more chance to keep. This is also the reason I tend to choose player order 2 token in Belfort (Belfort has the option to choose player order token instead of just taking 1st player token like most games, position 2 is less popular, so I keep it longer, instead of immediately moving to position 4 next round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I private messaged him on Facebook.
I know him quite well.

Yes we discard the tiles.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.