Hide
5 Posts

New Bedford» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Game Transcripts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Norton
msg tools
My wife and I love New Bedford - we got it just last week and it's been our two-player go-to since then. However, I am really unsure about the solo rules, and after having spent quite a lot of time scouring the rules forums I still feel like I don't know where to begin with my questions. The way I learn best is just seeing it played, anyhow, so my thought was to ask: are there any solo game playthrough videos out there or would someone consider making one, or would people consider sharing transcripts of some of their solo games as they play them?

Example of a transcript:

Set-up:
My opponent is Starbuck.
I take two wood, one brick and one food as starting goods.
Starbuck rolls a 1 during set-up, bringing his heading to NW.

Turn 1:
Starbuck rolls a 3, bringing his heading to East.
Following his heading, he takes the Warehouse, since he's looking for brick.

On my turn, I take 3 wood from the Forest.

... et cetera.

That's the kind of transcript I'm looking for, and the more transcripts I see, the better I think I will be able to see how it's played in general, and how some specific instances are handled, too. Thank you for any contribution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give the Ant Labs play through a look. They play two humans plus one A.I. Captain, so you can get a feel for how that works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zamoose wrote:
Give the Ant Labs play through a look. They play two humans plus one A.I. Captain, so you can get a feel for how that works.

This was my thought too. Multiplayer with an AI player is exactly like solo play, but with an extra (human) player taking a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
zamoose wrote:

This was my thought too. Multiplayer with an AI player is exactly like solo play, but with an extra (human) player taking a turn.

this helped me quite a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Norton
msg tools
Thanks for the video suggestion, it looks helpful from what I have been able to watch of it so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.