Zombicide: Green Horde» Forums » General

Subject: Is six rat swarms enough for the Rat king? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Martin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Or will it require a mandatory buy in to the expansion to use properly? This will be my first zcide game, so I'm unsure if anyone would be able to tell. Love the mini but the cost is more then half of an expansion at retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Difficult to say, but I'd guess that they may be enough for the threat levels blue to yellow, but probably not enough to be challenging at orange to red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wouldsay that they are enough to make the Rat king a great threat and overthink some of the ongoing strategies.

I'm personally passing this expasion and sticking with the Rat King alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're worried about running out of rats there's plenty of rat minis out there you could proxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
If you're worried about running out of rats there's plenty of rat minis out there you could proxy.

True, but you'll also need to add some more spawn cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:
typo360 wrote:

True, but you'll also need to add some more spawn cards.

There would be an excellent chance of EXTRA language versions of the Rat Spawn Cards in the Rat King Box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Martin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I decided to just keep the base pledge. As much as I love the model, I'll have plenty of content to paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have ordered the Rat King and I'm ready to send extra cards for anyone in need
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
If you don't mind about proxy minis or using different language cards, and don't care too much about the content of the other expansion; that's enough. Because you'll need extra minis and cards, as it's already known that rats would have extra activations every time there's a rat card.

What I still don't know is if they'll have 2 extra activations if there are no rats minis to put when you draw a rat card, instead of 1, as you have to give extra activations every time you run out of some minis according to the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziruga wrote:
I'm personally passing this expansion and sticking with the Rat King alone.

That's contradictory...?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodsound wrote:
Ziruga wrote:
I'm personally passing this expansion and sticking with the Rat King alone.

That's contradictory...?!

He means that he's passing on the expansion that comes with more rats and is only getting the Rat King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.