Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Queller Bot for War of the Ring
badge
Nothing kills a solo session like a long setup time
mbmbmbmbmb
Having recently acquired a copy of Space Empires 4X, and thus broken out my copy of Close Encounters, one of the issues I encountered was the scenario book wasn't entirely clear on how the new elements applied to the old scenarios. I was left wondering whether I could use Flagships, or should be using 20 or 30cp capitals in the old Doomsday Machine scenarios, can I use Empire Advantages etc.

It's not really a big deal, but it's the kind of irksome thing that niggles at the back of the mind when you win

I post this only in the hope that the new scenario book would clearly lay out what new elements you carry back to existing scenarios, or which you exclude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The solitaire scenarios in the base game were only playtested/balanced with what was in the base game. For the 2+ player scenarios adding stuff from Close Encounters should not cause a problem as both sides will get the extra stuff. For the solitaire scenarios adding the Flagship/30CP HW/Empire Advantages will give you an edge that was not given to the playtesters. Though this could be balanced by upping the difficulty level of the solitaire scenario in question if you give yourself some of these options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.