Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan MANCIC
France
flag msg tools
Crafting:
when in a City, the player can choose a crafting action:
the player must spend 3 actions.
The hero make 3 separate attribute tests, one for each attribute.
All the success are added.
The player can now choose in the assets pile or discard pile one item which gold value is less or equal than the number of success. The Hero MUST also pay half the price of the asset to gain it (rounded down).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like it if this were an obtainable skill. Not all adventurers are crafty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the concept. I might try something like this. Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan MANCIC
France
flag msg tools
I agree with you 100%. I would personally add skill levels to this, like Novice crafter (basic attribute tests, but allows to use the crafting action), Good Crafter (+2 to attribute tests), and Great Crafter (+4 to attribute tests), for example.

You are very much welcome. I will probably add this option to my coming expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also like the concept, but am confused as to why there is a significant discount on the item. I understand thematically why there would be, but it seems too powerful an action for the gold savings that accompany it.

You could consider having this ability available to everyone (mark your level with a token)
Novice (1 trophy): test all skills. Gold cost of item reduced by 1
Adept (+1 trophy): test all skills. Gold cost of item reduced by 1 for every 3 gold of cost. round up
Expert (+1 trophy): test all skills. Gold cost of item reduced by 1 for every 2 gold of cost. round up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan MANCIC
France
flag msg tools
TopherMel wrote:
I also like the concept, but am confused as to why there is a significant discount on the item. I understand thematically why there would be, but it seems too powerful an action for the gold savings that accompany it.

I haven't tested this ingame. Paying 3 actions seems quite a lot already, for a random result. I didn't want to penalyze the hero too much. The gold would be used to pay for the raw materials, maybe renting the workshop, in my idea.

But this is really a proposal, you can tweak it as you like of course. I am however curious about some feedback.

Cheers :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cromcrom wrote:
TopherMel wrote:

I haven't tested this ingame. Paying 3 actions seems quite a lot already, for a random result. I didn't want to penalyze the hero too much. The gold would be used to pay for the raw materials, maybe renting the workshop, in my idea.

But this is really a proposal, you can tweak it as you like of course. I am however curious about some feedback.

Cheers :-)

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like you:
1. spend 3 actions to craft
2. determine # of successes
3. pick any card you want from all cards in either the discard or draw pile up to the number of successes

While point 2 is random, the fact that you can pick any card is VERY strong as you can complete a combo or secure an extra movement die early, etc.

Also can you exert to increase total successes?

I'm not trying to dismiss your idea just help you think about it as logically as possible before testing... No offence intended here, just happy constructive criticism
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan MANCIC
France
flag msg tools
TopherMel wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like you:
1. spend 3 actions to craft
2. determine # of successes
3. pick any card you want from all cards in either the discard or draw pile up to the number of successes

While point 2 is random, the fact that you can pick any card is VERY strong as you can complete a combo or secure an extra movement die early, etc.

Also can you exert to increase total successes?

I'm not trying to dismiss your idea just help you think about it as logically as possible before testing... No offence intended here, just happy constructive criticism

I really like happy constructive criticism. It is much needed because I actually didn't test these variants... blush

I would definitely allow exertion. But you anyways probably won't do that much success, so the value of the item you can craft would be limited.

Thanks for taking interest and sharing your thoughts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TopherMel wrote:

I read it as you can only pick an asset from the city you currently occupy, or the discard pile. Emphasis mine below:

cromcrom wrote:
Crafting:
when in a City, the player can choose a crafting action:
the player must spend 3 actions.
The hero make 3 separate attribute tests, one for each attribute.
All the success are added.
The player can now choose in the assets pile or discard pile one item which gold value is less or equal than the number of success. The Hero MUST also pay half the price of the asset to gain it (rounded down).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.