Len Luczkowski
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few qualifications:

My group's next adventure is Khazad Dum's first adventure. So I am only using cards up to that point.

There are four players in our group and all of us are monosphere.

We win most of the time (is the game too easy in 4 player mode?)

I have two core sets, and every adventure pack up to where we are playing.

Ok, I'd like to get some player opinion on my deck. I will cut and paste below. I'm thinking that maybe as Lore that I need to support more players vs. building a lot of allies in. Going around the table, I have the most allies out of the four of us. Its hands down.

So, my question is...should I by taking some allies out to make room for cards like Secret Paths, Radaghast's Cunning, Self Preservation, etc...?

Or should I keep these allies in there?

Also, I am aware that mileage may vary, and that every adventure can punish players differently. I'm just curious if I've created a good deck that has more tendency to help us win.

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.
P.S., I've kicked around the idea of splashing in either spirit or tactics mainly because Frodo, Boromir, and Dwalin are not being used.
P.P.S. If you can avoid future cards when commenting on the deck, I would appreciate it. I have only opened cards up to this deluxe expansion. I have a bunch of unopened adventure packs and deluxe sets just waiting for their turn. Thanks!

Total Cards: (50)

Hero: (3)
1x Denethor (Core Set)
1x Beravor (Core Set)
1x Bifur (Khazad-dum)

Ally: (24)
3x Haldir of Lorien (A Journey to Rhosgobel)
2x Daughter of the Nimrodel (Core Set)
3x Erebor Hammersmith (Core Set)
2x Henamarth Riversong (Core Set)
2x Miner of the Iron Hills (Core Set)
2x Gleowine (Core Set)
2x Gandalf (Core Set)
2x Longbeard Map-Maker (Conflict at the Carrock)
3x Gildor Inglorion (The Hills of Emyn Muil)
3x Erebor Record Keeper (Khazad-dum)

Attachment: (12)
3x A Burning Brand (Conflict at the Carrock)
3x Forest Snare (Core Set)
3x Protector of Lorien (Core Set)
2x Self Preservation (Core Set)
1x Boots from Erebor (Khazad-dum)

Event: (14)
2x Infighting (A Journey to Rhosgobel)
2x Lorien's Wealth (Core Set)
2x Radagast's Cunning (Core Set)
2x Secret Paths (Core Set)
2x Rumour from the Earth (Return to Mirkwood)
2x Ancestral Knowledge (Khazad-dum)
2x Strider's Path (The Hunt for Gollum)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing, might think about dropping a couple of "high cost" allies to add a couple of Boots from Erebor If there are other Dwarves in the other decks, I could see them for a Tactics Gimli for instance giving you one more hit point to build up high attack power. I might consider Silvan Tracker again only if there are silvan characters in the other decks, - Legolas Tactics probably is in there right?
Over all considering your restrictions on card pool I think it is doing OK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Luczkowski
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dren608 wrote:
One thing, might think about dropping a couple of "high cost" allies to add a couple of Boots from Erebor If there are other Dwarves in the other decks, I could see them for a Tactics Gimli for instance giving you one more hit point to build up high attack power. I might consider Silvan Tracker again only if there are silvan characters in the other decks, - Legolas Tactics probably is in there right?
Over all considering your restrictions on card pool I think it is doing OK

That's fair. Three of us, myself included, each grabbed a copy of the boots. I actually switched out most of my sylvans with dwarves because our Leadership player chose Dain. Maybe I should give up the boots, and add in a Secret Paths?

And maybe I will take out a Haldir and put in a Radagast's Cunning. The challenge there is that once I get my hands on one of those high cost allies, it is like having another hero in my pool, sans resource gen.

Ima take a closer look. Our next meetup is 9/21/17. Thanks for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.