Subject: Into the Abyss + Base set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game and it is in the Into the Abyss box, but it is supposed to contain the "base set". What does that mean? Can someone help me out? I'm new to the game.
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommanderMcG wrote:
I just bought the game and it is in the Into the Abyss box, but it is supposed to contain the "base set". What does that mean? Can someone help me out? I'm new to the game.
Thank you.

Not sure what they told you, but the Into the Abyss expansion is not stand-alone.

While into the abyss has the largest card variety of the expansions, you need the base cards: regulars, torches, etc.
you need to get those from somewhere.
There is a decent chance you can get those second had since many thunderstone fans have ALL the sets they could find, and therefore have more then 1 basic card set.

good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are included in the box I have. I have a lot of cards in this box! What base set would be with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each card should have a code in the bottom right corner indicating what set it is from.

ToR - Towers of Ruin, a base set
CoB - Caverns of Bain, an expansion to ToR
RoC - Root of Corruption, an expansion to ToR
Start - Starter Set, a very limited base set
Numenera - Numenera, a base set
WC - Worlds Collide, a base set
ItA - Into the Abyss, an expansion to WC

Take a look and you'll be able to determine what sets your cards are from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.