flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island 2nd Edition
for only $32.99!

Cool Stuff Inc. link:
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/227559

Robinson Crusoe

I love this game!! So thematic and full of adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How's the 2nd Edition compared to the first ? Anything to watch out for with the 2nd ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a steal at that price. Terrific game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Lanska
United States
Hutchinson
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second edition from Portal Games, (4th edition overall) just has some upgrades basically. The resources are custom shaped now. The character placement tokens now have stickers with the different character art. The board folds differently to fit inside a standard size game box. I think the biggest difference is the re-written rule book which had a ton of edits making things more easily understood.
Overall though, it should be about the same game experience as the first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't they currently on the 4th edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Aren't they currently on the 4th edition?
Depends on who you ask. 4th overall, 2 from Portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chhay
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I would get to play this anything soon, especially with my dearth of table space, but I've had my eye on it for years and it's really tempting for that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevenson
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinako wrote:
I'm not sure if I would get to play this anything soon, especially with my dearth of table space, but I've had my eye on it for years and it's really tempting for that price.

Yeah, I am in the same boat. I want it, but it is too long of a game for my wife, and I don't know if I would play solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lencioni
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
great price, wish it was from amazon as I typically can't get to the free shipping on csi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meat Popsicle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I'm out for a different reason, CSI doesn't have much else I want at this time to get to free shipping.

Even with flat-rate shipping it's getting close enough to "regular" pricing that I feel I'm losing out on the "deal."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishko wrote:
...CSI doesn't have much else I want at this time to get to free shipping.
You can add unlimited sale items as well as one daily deal item to a held order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kresimir Sicel
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to pick this up. Also picked up Marco Polo, Unearth and Kingdomino.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
The same sale has SeaFall for $24.99 but the price is hidden until checkout. I've never seen price masking used by an OLGS before. Are they hiding the price to skirt the Asmodee MAPP restrictions? And if so, could this technique be used to unload other Asmodee dead wood?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
The same sale has SeaFall for $24.99. Interesting that you can't see the price until checkout. I've never seen that used by an OLGS before. Are they hiding the price to skirt the Asmodee MAPP restrictions? And if so, could this technique be used to unload other Asmodee dead wood?

You are exactly right. It's the same thing with CMON and a few other publishers. Contractually they cannot advertise the lower price, however they can charge a price lower than MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Ju66ernaut wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
The same sale has SeaFall for $24.99. Interesting that you can't see the price until checkout. I've never seen that used by an OLGS before. Are they hiding the price to skirt the Asmodee MAPP restrictions? And if so, could this technique be used to unload other Asmodee dead wood?

You are exactly right. It's the same thing with CMON and a few other publishers. Contractually they cannot advertise the lower price, however they can charge a price lower than MSRP.
I support this tactic thumbsup. Open the floodgates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [CSI] Robinson Crusoe, $32.99
Thanks! Just ordered mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2IntenseGamer wrote:
The second edition just has some upgrades basically. The resources are custom shaped now. The character placement tokens now have stickers with the different character art. The board folds differently to fit inside a standard size game box. I think the biggest difference is the re-written rule book which had a ton of edits making things more easily understood.
Overall though, it should be about the same game experience as the first edition.

Plus an extra scenario or two, right?

I have the previous edition and it plays great both solo and with others. My wife isn't a fan of board games, but she loves the shared misery of RC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevenson
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:

I have the previous edition and it plays great both solo and with others. My wife isn't a fan of board games, but she loves the shared misery of RC.

How long do you find games take solo (including setup)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Nelson
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashrael wrote:
japester1 wrote:

5-10 minutes to set up and again to tear down if you have an insert or things boxed with plano boxes. Aside from shuffling decks and tiles, the only "time consuming" set up step is making the adventure deck but if you keep the two types of cards that go into it separate, it isn't too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevenson
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anshou wrote:
ashrael wrote:
japester1 wrote:

5-10 minutes to set up and again to tear down if you have an insert or things boxed with plano boxes. Aside from shuffling decks and tiles, the only "time consuming" set up step is making the adventure deck but if you keep the two types of cards that go into it separate, it isn't too long.

Thanks. And then how long is the actual game? BGG lists 90-180 minutes, but it doesn't actually break that down by player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Nelson
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashrael wrote:
anshou wrote:
ashrael wrote:
japester1 wrote:

Thanks. And then how long is the actual game? BGG lists 90-180 minutes, but it doesn't actually break that down by player count.

I play solo and 90 minutes is probably the sweet spot when you are learning a scenario and can probably can get it down to an hour on subsequent tries barring some horrific options. The action phase (step 4) is what takes the most time while the other phases are mostly upkeep and resolutions. Once you know the pain each phase outside the action phase can entail, they go quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Lanska
United States
Hutchinson
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It comes with the King Kong Island scenario, however I am not sure how many other new scenarios it comes with that the older versions did not have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Nelson
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2IntenseGamer wrote:
It comes with the King Kong Island scenario, however I am not sure how many other new scenarios it comes with that the older versions did not have.

If i recall that is the only additional scenario that the previous version did not have. The rest were either flgs promos or their store promos. Most can be found and printed in the files section on bgg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
From this thread:
Gribbon wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.