Subject: Is it possible to run out of Exploration moves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Gerr
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Spoiler showing Adventure cards from Area 1(I).

This is more a question about Rules / Gameplay than looking for a Hint / Clue.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I'm playing solo with 2 characters. I've got 20+ Action cards left so I'm ok there, however all but 2 of the my possible next moves have reached a dead end / Permanent event card.

If you look at the top left (Card #164) and lower right (Card #08), I have 2 possible Actions / moves there, but both have very high costs - I think I'm going to have to take one or both of them, but curious...

Is it possible to reach a point where all possible exploration / move actions are dead ends (permanent events)?

If so, what's the resolution of this condition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Thurston
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Those two permanent events ARE your way off the island. At the current state of your map they are your only recourse. There MAY have been other options available to you at some point but I don't want to spoil too much. Perhaps you should learn how to build a raft?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the actions with the high cost.

(There is an easier way to get off the island but I see you failed that, so you're stuck with sailing away.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you found out, you started off on
a small island. Your goal is to get off the island, and once it's fully explored you'll have to try whichever way you feel is the best way to do so.

So the short answer is no, you're not stuck, and you need to move on from the island.
Since the submarine is out of commission
, you'll need to try to swim/sail.

Non-spoiler answer:
No, you're not stuck. If you're current area is fully explored, travel to a new area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gerr
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Blake, I have built the raft, so I'll give it a shot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gerr
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, J, I've built the raft, but yeah, to your point, the sub test failed and several others. Appreciate your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gerr
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Thurston
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neomorder224 wrote:
Thanks, Blake, I have built the raft, so I'll give it a shot!

Perfect. Just a hint: Pay attention to the blue banner icon that's on the "exit" cards AND your raft card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.