Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to see there´s only one mission afterward! But I´ll do the campaign again and choose a different path next time!

1st question:
"The tower" - how do I get up there? If I understand it correctly, I can only climb 1 story with my grappling hook. So what if the scroll is up there?

2nd question: Enemy deck at the start composed of all Venice and Papal cards - does this include the Doge? Also, glad to see, he´s got the errata already

3rd one: The mission says "stright" shouldnt it be straight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first question, the way up there would have to be through certain skills or objects can allow you to climb multiple levels, using more AP during the same movement.

Without either of those...not doable I'm afraid. Yes, in this unusual circumstance, this would result in a loss.

For the second question, nope, Bosses are never considered to be part of an Enemy Draft.

For the third question, Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and the result: win!

first activation for the assassin: climb on the roof, get the token (fail). Next hero: exit tile, end up in wood (1 crossbowman). the others follow into the wood.

Enemies do minor damage

Next activation: Reckless charge on crossbowman (kill!), mage exits, finds herself in the tower. Preacher and Assassin follow.

enemies do nothing.

Preacher gives everyone blind tokens, knight collects both wood token (fail and fail), mage casts fly on herself.

Preacher does Blinding stuff, mage flies on roof, token (fail), next token (also fail).

She then exits the tile, finds the well (token = fail), exits and finds well again (token = win). Scenario ends.

Kinda easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question for you Andreas, just to make sure. You mentioning blind tokens in the last post sparked this question.

Are you making sure, that no character (Hero or Enemy) has more than one of the same particular token at one time? For example, at any point during the campaign did the same Enemy or Hero have multiple Blind Tokens, Strength 1 tokens, etc.? This is not permitted, however, certain cards allow you to stack the same type on them, but that is the only exception to this rule.

If so, congrats on the win! If not, not a big deal as that's how we learn. Either way, awesome report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they only have 1 blind Token on them- but you can outsmart the ai with the aid of the horologium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome Andreas! I hope you don't take offense to me asking initially, it's just there's so much that's going on at one time and little rules here and there. I've made a few mistakes learning this myself.

Congrats on your victory! Onward to the finale!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, no problem at all - we´re all in the same boat here

Over the time,I think I have developed a pretty good idea of the rules - but sometimes the wording really isnt that clear. Do you have any idea when the final draft for the new rulebook will be ready? I´d really like to go over it before it goes to print.

There is just stuff I dont get - like the Gaeas Blood card (no errata):

1) 1st of all, there doesnt seem to be an AP cost on the card, so I can just use it for free?

2) Area 1 tile - but what range? Base contact? Then why the reference to the heroes? why would I harm my heroes with it?

3) The wording...! "if fail are stunned" - I know what they mean but... please!

4) Each enemy seems to take 1 attack with Ph3 - buy why "each enemy" when it only affects 1 tile?

For the moment I´ll just use it for the seemingly free stat boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, absolutely free. While not explained on the card, the Earthquake can only happen once per mission.

2.No range, whichever Hero is holding Gaea's Blood will dictate the tile the Earthquake happens on. There is a small price to pay for summoning it though.

The Heroes that are on the tile where the Earthquake happens on will get an opportunity to try to brace themselves against the devastation that is about to take place. They make an RA test and need 3 successes (rule of success is applied here, 5+) and hope they pass. Each hero that fails this test gets Stunned and suffers 1 Wound.

Now the fun begins, each enemy on that tile suffer a Physical Attack of 3 with a d8 Mastery! (Roll 3 d8s) Any enemies that suffer at least 1 wound are Stunned! This may not sound like a big deal, but from my experience this can be utterly devastating!

3. Yes, the wording on the card is a bit dicey.

4. The word "tile" is not referring to a little square. Think of each "game board" that is used to set up a mission as a tile! Most of the missions in this campaign use 4 "tiles" Crazy huh? Literally a 6 square x 6 square area gets affected!

Like I said, this could be very devastating at the right time! Use this Earthquake once per mission if you like, but use it wisely!

The stats boost on Gaea's Blood only applies to the Hero that starts the mission with it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.