Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boss pushes ranged player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
András Berze
Hungary
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

so we had and interesting situation in our game, which I tried to illustrate here.

The Knight had a 1-range weapon, so he moved to the node in front of the boss and attacked. Then the boss used his 1-range Grab&Smash ability, that pushes away the target it cathes. Since the boss pushes always happen in the arc the player is in, if the Knight was standing on the same node as the boss, he would be pushed onto node A or to the node he's standing on in the picture.

But he's standing at 1-range. Can he still be pushed onto node A, since it is in the arc? Or the push always has to increase the distance between the player and the enemy?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is an interesting question. I think the rules are intended to create a situation where you can choose either B, C or D: push away from the target and stay in the same arc if possible. However, I don't think they actually specify that, so you could technically choose A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I believe you're correct in that it would be either B, C, or D. However, node "A" would not be an option from the way that I am interpreting the push rule.

This is from Page 21 of the rule book
PUSHING section of rule book wrote:
"If the Push icon appears on an attack, the model (or models) hit by the attack are pushed. The pushed model or models are moved onto an adjacent node that is farther from the attacking model. If there are multiple nodes farther from the attacking model, the players choose the node."

So while you do have choice on which node that you specifically get pushed to, it sounds like you have to chose one of the farther nodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.