Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lester Ortiz
Puerto Rico
Dorado
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm aware that for a full playset you need 3 core sets and 1 of each expansion like most LCGs. But do you need twice that for 2 players? In other words, how much overlap will there be for neutral cards?

The feudal Japan theme of this game is among my favorites but I only Play with my brother at home (This is why I never was interested in CMON's Rising Sun) but buying 6 Cores plus every future expansion twice isn't something I'd look forward to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ace Attorney wrote:
I'm aware that for a full playset you need 3 core sets and 1 of each expansion like most LCGs. But do you need twice that for 2 players? In other words, how much overlap will there be for neutral cards?

The feudal Japan theme of this game is among my favorites but I only Play with my brother at home (This is why I never was interested in CMON's Rising Sun) but buying 6 Cores plus every future expansion twice isn't something I'd look forward to do.

[Caveat: I have not played or built decks, but have read up a bit on it]

I imagine so. The neutrals are the most plentiful cards, so with 3 cores, you should have 6x most neutrals, and 3x everything else. I imagine that's plenty for 2, and indeed this is going to be my approach to playing this with my wife. I have no intention of doing 6x core.

Granted, you can't make 2 decks of "everything theoretically possible," I think 3x core 1x everything else for 2 players should be quite comfortable for most people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Musgrove
United States
Royse City
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2-3 copies of each neutral.
If you both pick different clans to play, then 3 sets will be enough for 2 people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
you'll be able to build 3 legal decks from 3 core sets, if splash clans won't overlap, e.g.
scorpion + crane
phoenix + lion
dragon + crab
if you play with splashing there might be even more decks to be built at the same time

3 core sets mean 3 sets of provinces and 6 or 9x of neutrals

I'm planning to buy 3 cs and have 2 tournament ready decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2-3 cores should be enough for both of ya. There will be plenty of neutrals.

The issue will come when you start buying expansions. Since those only contain a single playset in each pack, you'll be fighting over those neutrals. I'd suggest, perhaps, buying two on a case-by-case basis, using proxies, or just distributing those randomly or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.