Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone

I'm looking to glue together the multi-part models prior to painting them, and am looking for recommendations for an effective and safe glue i.e. one which won't melt the plastic leaving a soft, sticky, shapeless mess where there used to be a Rune Golem's head.

I have some UK superglue and some US Gorilla glue. If you have any experience of using either of these (or any other glue), I'd welcome your findings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Brennan
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd use a cyanoacrylate (CA) glue. These are instant-bonding (more or less), and come in thin and thick formulas. For the Battlelore figures a thin formula should work just fine. One of the more popular U.S. brands is Krazy Glue. That's probably like your UK superglue. If you've never used a CA glue before, a word of caution. They are VERY good at bonding skin. No surprise, they are also used as surgical glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Mate
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superglue used often
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have experience using both super glue from the dollar store and gorilla glue, for putting together minis from KDM.

In my opinion, gorilla glue does not seem to hold together as well as super glue. I do not use it to put together minis anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hardy
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Build a sustainable future for all, while we can.
badge
HELLO.
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried Games Workshop polystyrene cement and it didn't work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.