Popular Tags: coax_me [+] [View All]
Kenneth Sweeney
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Am about to buy scythe for my Birthday and wondered should I get this expansion at the same time?

I will play mainly as a solo player, a few times a year as four and maybe once or twice as two, but never more. So won't need to field seven.

Would it be worth it just for Faction options?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In your case, where the game is only getting played a few times a year, I would not personally recommend rushing to get this expansion. The game comes with plenty of variety out of the box. If you end up enjoying the game a lot and wish for two more factions and player boards to cycle into your games, then I would recommend getting the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sweeney
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your recommendation. I think that's a good plan. I'll hold off until I have played it at least a few times to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the Invaders from Afar with the base game - I have never regretted it! It is nice to have the added variety. Otherwise it kinda sucks to have 2 spaces on the game board that you never use. I play solo and multi-player and I enjoy the new factions for variety in both experiences. You can play against multiple automa in solo-mode!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean never use, Derek? I love having those two spots for Crimea to use & abuse (Wayfare ability guaranteed landing spots).

I concur with the others. Play the base game for a while. If you are still interested after a number of plays, you can always add it on later. I say this as an owner of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
What do you mean never use, Derek? I love having those two spots for Crimea to use & abuse (Wayfare ability guaranteed landing spots).

Ok, so never is a strong word. I forgot about Crimea's ability. However, what I meant is not being able to use the factions assigned to those spots.
I think the expansion is worth the investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Get it!

The new factions are difficult to play, but they are very interesting and different to the standard factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sweeney
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To let everyone know, I got the base game with a broken token organiser.

To all whom have commented a high thank for the advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uksweeney wrote:

Enjoy the game... It is AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
http://cpc.cx/jEa Made in Savoie
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends also how big is your game group. We often play with 5-7 players, so I got the extension right away '^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stabby Crow
Canada
North of the Wall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uksweeney wrote:

Congrats! I just put the BT organizer together last weekend. The instructions make it look a bit more complicated than it is but it wasn't too bad at all and it makes such a difference for setup and teardown.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.