Eric Severstad
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Player 1: Vampire
Player 2: Mummy
Player 3: Mummy
Player 4: Kaiju

The Vampire's ability takes away Player 2's Mummy fun. So, Player 3 selects first, Player 4 next, Player 1 third, and Player 2 last.

But, does a clash still happen between Players 2 and 3? Player 2 was higher on the Clash-O-Meter, so he moves down to the bottom without gaining any advantage, right? It seems useless to do the clash, since they're not really tied anymore (thanks, Vampire!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that clashes only happen when two or more things are to happen at the same time. Since the Vampire's ability cancelled Player 2's Mummy ability there was never an actual clash during this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guest guest
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The rulebook reads: "A clash occurs when two or more players play the same creature or end on the same strength."

That means that even if one Mummy gets its ability negated there's still a clash. That also means that if there's two or more Blobs in the the game, even if they have different strengths, there's still a clash because they are the same creature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Reading the rules, it sounds like you settle the "clash" between 2 of the same creature being played first then move on to everything else. In this case, settle the clash between the 2 mummy creatures to see who gets to capture first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isabel Kirsch
msg tools
Hy,

so what is right now ?

First the Vampire (because of one dot) or first the clash between the two Mummys ?
I would say: first the vampire, then the clash between the two Mummys.

Is thta right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.