Brian Fouts
United States
San Martin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Any one interested in blind playtesting our new game? We'll send you a fully built copy.

EDIT: We have limited copies, so I reserve the right to "prioritize". Also, we've got plenty of interest at 2 players, so I'm now only seeking groups of 3, 4 or 5.

Details in the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Potion Crafters: a Legacy Game

Apprentices travel the land of Hod to collect ingredients and make potions to become most skilled Potion Crafter in the land. It’s for 2-5 players. 45-75 minutes. Medium Weight.

Like other Legacy games, some game events will cause permanent irreversible changes to your copy of the game, making it unique to you. You will be encouraged to "destroy" your hand-made playtest copy and mail back the final version to us.

Mechanics (in order of focus):
Resource Management
A variation on pick up and deliver
Story based Legacy system
Player customization
Push your luck

8 Games of Unlocked Content, and infinitely re-playable thereafter.

If you are interested, please reply with:
-Number of Players in Group
-Quick summary of experience playtesting
-Time expected to complete 8 games
-Willingness to video sessions and upload privately to YouTube
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually really want to do this but I'm not sure if my girlfriend would be okay with the video and I'd need to buy a camera. Let me ask her and I'll get back to you. We would play once or twice a week (more frequent if we really love it) so it could take up to 8 weeks. PM me if I don't get back to you before this weekend, because I'm going to Grand Con so after that I will have forgotten everything. I can give a summary of playtesting in PM after I talk to her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fouts
United States
San Martin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Video recording is not mandatory, but so far I've found it super helpful. Understandable about not wanting to be filmed. Phone quality video is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I know how useful it would be that's why I'm going to make sure that if we do it, it's recorded. If she's okay with it, I'm just going to pick up something cheap and a tripod from Best Buy because I do frequently play test and I'll need it in the future.

I asked her and she's going to sleep on it. So I guess I'll PM you tomorrow either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fouts
United States
San Martin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the interest so far! I've got a nice handful of Geekmail.

I'm going to close this off for groups of 2, I have plenty of those. I'm still looking for groups of 3, 4, and 5.

I'll also be staggering out playtests, I currently have two copies, and I can build two more.

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fouts
United States
San Martin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I've got 8 groups interested, but only 2 copies. I just bought more wood parts from the game crafter so I can make 2 more. I'll be contacting you when I've got a copy complete for you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.