Subject: Missed the KS-exclusive metal coins? Try these! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Jack
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A recent "obsession" of mine lately is upgrading any of my games with cardboard coin tokens to metal coins. I missed the Near & Far KS campaign, and really, really wanted the metal coins. But alas, there seems to be no way to get them. So I compromised!

Artana makes several varieties of coins (previously KS'ed as the "Best Damn Gaming Coins" or some such.) These coins are now available from The Broken Token in sets or individually.

I chose the "Mythological Creatures" style, since the designs lend themselves well to the fictional universe of N&F. The game comes with 24 "1's" and 6 "5's". So I purchased two sets of the Medium coins (24 coins total), and 1 set of the Large coins (9 coins). The total cost is listed as $18. (I got mine for slightly less during a recent sale.)

The Medium are the 25mm coins with the phoenix on them. The Large are 30mm and have the unicorn/tree design. Played last night with them, and they are so much better than cardboard tokens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A great suggestion! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Alfke
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These look great! I have the N&F KS coins, but I've been looking for a source for more coins to use in other games.

Here's a link, btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pereira
United States
Bethel
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new kickstarter for the Near and Far expansion: Amber Mines. They have a bunch of different reward tiers depending on what you are interested in. You can purchase just the metal coins for $15 plus shipping ($3 for US and varies for other countries).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jack
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a great time to pick up the new Near and Far expansion, the coins if you missed them, and also the KS deluxe items for Above and Below if you have that game also.

I've already backed for the coins and the expansion! I guess I'll have the Artana Mythological Creatures coins to use elsewhere. I was thinking about replacing the cardboard coins in Red Dragon Inn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for a link to the Kickstarter for the new Near & Far expansion, Amber Mines:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/953146955/near-and-far-...

You've got another chance to get the Kickstarter coins from the first N&R expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.