Custom Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Energy Cost timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Kane
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Apologies if this has been answered before. I want to make sure I'm teaching the game correctly.

When an advancement (or Ascended form) has a power cost, that cost must be payed when sleeving the advancement. It does not have to be paid when playing the card in a later hand with the advancement already installed. Are these two statements correct?

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clair
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
Darkwavekane wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered before. I want to make sure I'm teaching the game correctly.

When an advancement (or Ascended form) has a power cost, that cost must be payed when sleeving the advancement. It does not have to be paid when playing the card in a later hand with the advancement already installed. Are these two statements correct?

Thank you in advance.

Actually, you've got it exactly backward. It is free to sleeve any advancement at any time. If you want to use an ability with a power cost (once it has already been sleeved on the card), you have to pay the power cost at the time you play the card and use the ability. If you can't pay to use the ability, you cannot use the ability. The card can still be played as just a regular card though for it's number value. And remember, any time you play a card with a text effect, but you play the card just as a number card and choose not to use the text effect, you gain a power token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.