Hide
10 Posts

Discworld: Ankh-Morpork» Forums » General

Subject: HELP please - card list rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I lent my copy of this game to "a friend" last week and it came back to me missing a whole lot of cards (she claims that her daughter fed them into her paper shredder !)

As I recently posted a detailed card list on the forum for "The Captain Is Dead" (to help out someone in a similar situation) I was wondering if anyone could post a list of all the cards in this game for me ?

I don't need the special abilities/actions/etc; just the name of each card would help me start to identify which ones are missing (before I go hunting for replacements)

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PM sent with a list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I di believe I would not be on speaking terms with this friend any more. Also, she should pay for a replacement game if she let her daughter shred your cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that these are complete and kinda-sorta alphabetical. (Click through and then click on "original" to see the fully legible giant size.)

Green:

Brown:

Areas:

Personalities:

Events:

And feel free to throw some GeekGold at Raiko Puust in gratitude for these uploads:

Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
wren08 wrote:
I di believe I would not be on speaking terms with this friend any more. Also, she should pay for a replacement game if she let her daughter shred your cards.

I'd have a really hard time with it.

I have the collector's edition, and I keep it tucked away from prying eyes and fingers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I appreciate your help and have sprinkled all my GeekGold in this post as a "thank you"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:

Agreed. For me it would only be ok if she offered to pay for a new one right away (not after you asked), and immediately and honestly apologized (not using the kid as an excuse).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I understand and respect the sentiments expressed by some of the posters here and you are, of course, essentially correct. There is always an inherent obligation of care when borrowing someone else's belongings (especially board games !) and the morally right thing to do is to immediately offer to rectify any shortfalls in that obligation.

However; to put it all into context:
1. her daughter is a teenager and there are tantrums to deal with
2. it's not one of my favourite games
3. my "friend" is cute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
UK_Warlock wrote:
(she claims that her daughter fed them into her paper shredder !)

UK_Warlock wrote:
her daughter is a teenager

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, your life, your choice...but:

UK_Warlock wrote:
1. her daughter is a teenager and there are tantrums to deal with
Not an excuse. That's their problem and they still need to replace your belongings that they broke.

Quote:
2. it's not one of my favourite games
Sure, this might be a reason for you to be ok with never getting a new game. But if I were you, I'd be upset about their carelessness regardless of that, and more so if they didn't offer to replace it.

Quote:
3. my "friend" is cute
...Uhm, so you're saying she and her daughter can just go ahead and destroy your stuff cause you want to ask her out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.