Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, friendly CC enthusiasts !

We ran into a situation today which Donna and I had never seen before. We played it out to our satisfaction, but I would be glad to know what the actual rules say in this SUPER-Corner-Case.

Situation: My (Boxed Range) Axis unit is in hex A holding a Fire order/action, plus Crossfire, Spray Fire, and Hand Grenades actions. (Yeah, I know, that will never happen again).

In the adjacent hex B is a British unit which is NOT activated to Move.

Another British unit Moves into Hex C, which is adjacent to hex B, but not to hex A.

I play all four orders actions, Op Fire, Crossfire, Spray Fire, and Hand Grenades.

Am I allowed to play Hand Grenades, as the adjacent unit, while in a hex being fired upon through spray fire, is not the original target unit which triggered the fire?

Do both British units suffer +2 firepower from the Crossfire and the +2 firepower from Hand Grenades, even though only 1 is moving and the only the other is adjacent?

Looking forward to the accumulated wisdom of experienced players.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fine to me.

Spray fire makes them a target.

And they are Actions, not Orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get both the +2 for Hand Grenades and the +2 for Crossfire. There's only one Fire Attack Roll; there's no provision in the rules for giving a bonus to some targets of that roll and not others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally get these wrong, so reader beware!!

The Fire Action is permitted because hex A Moved into a Hex in your range and LOS.
The Crossfire Action is permitted because hex A is "a moving target."
The Spray Fire Action is permitted because your unit has boxed range.
The Hand Grenades Action is permitted now because you are "firing at an adjacent hex."

After you take your Opportunity Fire, Donna then makes two rolls. For argument's sake, I'm going to say that the adjacent one is on a clear hex with a road and the Moving hex is in a building. She can subsequently reduce your Attack Total by 3 for each Concealment she has. Given your hand and your luck, I'm guessing she had two? ....The Moving unit cannot suppress. The unit in the hypothetical road still takes the -1 morale hit, even though the Attack Total has been reduced (assuming the Concealment Action).

Hope that is all clear and accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with what's already been said.
The actions prerequisite has been met and as stated in the rule below all effects are cumulative.

Multiple Actions
may be conducted in response to the same
game situation. All effects of consecutively played Actions are cumulative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, All, it is great to have this solidly reinforced in our memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes even when you have played a game hundreds of times you can come across a situation where you question either yourself or the rules. It is always good to know you can get such great feedback from this wonderful community of CC enthusiasts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.