Hide
17 Posts

Bios: Megafauna (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: shipping date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mode Rafthorn
msg tools
Any official word on the shipping date for this (for those of us that pre-ordered from Sierra Madre) ?

The dark corners of my brain want to say October ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Third thread on the same topic. In a row!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mode Rafthorn
msg tools
truthfully, they are all asking completely different questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mode Rafthorn
msg tools
the thread subjects make it seem like they're all the same inquiry. that's not the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I jumped onto this a week or two ago - and it said late October then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter update says October still for delivery. I am assuming retail will be close to the same time frame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mode Rafthorn
msg tools
Aha, thanks for the reply John and Ben. October it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reyes
msg tools
mb
Shipping starts in October this year, but it could arrive even on January next year. Happened to me when I ordered Bios: Genesis. But be patient, it's worth the waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
From the SMG newsletter.

Shipping Update on 2017 games from Sierra Madre
An initial small quantity of games (300 each of the titles John Company, Bios:Genesis 2, Bios:Megafauna 2, Bios Genesis UPGRADE) were assembled in China and are in transit to Essen Germany, in time for the great fair Oct 26-29. If you are attending, please stop by the Sierra Madre Games/Ion Games/Alley Cat Games booth 7A124.

The balance of the games have been delayed by a typhoon in China. But I would presume a delivery to Kickstarter in early November.

Any games leftover from sales at Essen will be shipped to the first persons who have ordered either from my site or on Kickstarter. However, demand is unexpectly high with presales at Essen that it is virtually certain that we will sell out of John Company and Bios:Megafauna 2 at Essen.

Will the 2017 games make it to discount retailers/distributers?
Several have asked about sales to retailers and distributors. I consider these guys valuable to the hobby, and in general I believe that middlemen are value-added and I do not mind if they undersell my website. Normally I sell all my unsold stock to retailers and distributors about a month after the games' debut in the October Essen fair.

Unfortunately, my reputation with some of my favorite retailers was hurt last year, when they expected a new game about the biochemical origins of life on Earth, which sold out too fast have any leftover for them. (I had wrongly guessed only 2000 nerds in the world would buy a game overflowing with biochemical words with more parsed syllables than a German tax document.)

I promised my retail partners a kickstarted campaign this year for Bios:Genesis 2 and Bios:Megafauna 2. Which arrive in a month, thanks to Caezar's brilliant campaign! But I can't promise that these games will make it to retail. The entire print run of Bios:Genesis 2 is 78% sold and Bios:Megafauna 2 is 55% sold. The Bios:Genesis UPGRADE is 70% sold, and this upgrade (intended only for those who have the 1st edition of Bios:Genesis) will likely only be available over my website. John Company is 34% sold, and this may make it to direct retailers, but distributors perhaps not.

Notice for USA customers at the Sierra Madre Games website:
Some of you from the USA are getting frustrated trying to order games (such as John Company) at my website. The story: Paypal suddenly changed the way it accepts the USA state code, which is a mismatch to the German tax reporting program (which does not understand the concept of a USA "state").

If you get an error indicating that the state code is missing, update the link with the additional parameter '&state=XX' (where XX is your two letter state code) in order to get payment through. Phil's programmer is contacting the customer support for the government tax reporting program he uses for a more elegant future solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this also entail that none of them will make it to Spiel-Direkt in Germany?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
benji_online wrote:
Does this also entail that none of them will make it to Spiel-Direkt in Germany?

I am a member of Spiel Direkt, and have a received orders through them. These have high priority, because these include retailers I promised last year to give copies of, for instance, Bios:Genesis 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudly DoRight
msg tools
Phil is still taking orders on his site. BTW According to Phil BIOS Genesis 2ed is delayed to late Nov.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, how does it look with the delivery for people who preordered it on Sierra Madre website? The website still says "Novemeber" and it is late November now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reyes
msg tools
mb
I don't mind getting the game a little late, as long as I get a good copy with no mistakes or misprints
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Nobody
msg tools
I am interested on that info too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
Canada
Port Moody
B.C.
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if this actually shipped?
Anyone receive it?

My local game store say it has not yet shipped or at least that's what their distributor says, but looking at the Sierra Madre site seems it's readily available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msward109 wrote:
Does anyone know if this actually shipped?
Anyone receive it?

My local game store say it has not yet shipped or at least that's what their distributor says, but looking at the Sierra Madre site seems it's readily available.

The game is in the process of being shipped. As such, some people may have received it already, while others have not (they are shipping out orders in waves). In some cases (like mine) tracking numbers have been generated but the items haven't left the distribution center yet. I don't know if Kickstarter backers are getting priority over pre-orders or if they're all going out together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.