Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the ROUTING section it mentions: "...that side gives one of it's Morale Cubes to the other player", and "...no Morale Cubes are given to either player." Then under SPECIAL FORMATIONS it mentions the edge case, "Morale Cubes removed from the game become available for use for Special Formations upon doing so."

When a formation is routed does the Morale Cube go to the opponent, as in, do they now effectively have one other Morale Cube for Victory purposes or is it just kicked into the pool for possible Special Formation use and there is one less Morale Cube in the game?

ETA: #$%^%$##@@ phone's auto-incorrect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morale cubes can be removed from the game as a result of the Bombard action. That is what the Edge case is referring to. If a formation loses all its sticks, it is routed and in that case a morale cube is given to the other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
Morale cubes can be removed from the game as a result of the Bombard action. That is what the Edge case is referring to. If a formation loses all its sticks, it is routed and in that case a morale cube is given to the other player.

Duh, three pages of rules and yet I read and promptly forgot that. Thank you. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

The phrase "that side gives one of it's Morale Cubes to the other player" is one of the oddly worded statements I have read in rules for ages.

What does it mean?

Does it mean the 'other players' morale cubes gain the cube, thus increasing that sides Morale by one?

Or does the cube go back to stock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oi_you_nutter wrote:

Does it mean the 'other players' morale cubes gain the cube, thus increasing that sides Morale by one?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
I advise people to read the Example of Play.

Table Battles Play Example

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
oi_you_nutter wrote:

The phrase "that side gives one of it's Morale Cubes to the other player" is one of the oddly worded statements I have read in rules for ages.

Huh, it doesn't sound odd to me, but of course I wrote the darn thing.

It means that you take one of your morale cubes, and you give it to the other side. If you have 3 morale cubes and I have one, and your Formation routs, you take one of those cubes and give it to me, so now we each have 2.

Note that Bombardment which removes the cube from play and back to the stock is another thing entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
oi_you_nutter wrote:

Huh, it doesn't sound odd to me, but of course I wrote the darn thing.

It means that you take one of your morale cubes, and you give it to the other side. If you have 3 morale cubes and I have one, and your Formation routs, you take one of those cubes and give it to me, so now we each have 2.

Note that Bombardment which removes the cube from play and back to the stock is another thing entirely.

When I first read the statement "that side gives one of it's Morale Cubes to the other player", I thought 'what the hell am I supposed to do with that? Eat it or wave it at my opponent to taut him?'.

All joking aside, It is an extremely hard job of writing clear, and concise rules. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.