Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This used to be my favorite game, and as new factions came out that made tracking power more complicated it started to see less and less play time. My group started to lose interest as it felt more like a chore.

So I see the new all star event playmats and I get excited. Then I find out my local gamestore was closing their doors and I wouldn't be able to get it. Now they tell me that it won't be available for purchase... That doesn't make sense. It would yield a nice profit for the company to make this available. It's really not right that a few people to have this awesome addition to the game. Especially someone like myself that has purchased every piece available for it. They should at least make it available via special order, something. I'm willing to pay for it but I won't buy it on eBay or other price gouging site.

I was hoping that this mat would allow me to get the game to the table more. The less it gets to the table the less I want to purchase expansions because they won't get used. I purchased the last two expansions and haven't touched them yet, it's disheartening as this is a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Ch.
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have officialy announced that sometime in 2018 the all stars kit will be available for purchase to everyone via retail.

Did something change ? If so i think they would have announced it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RagnarokDay wrote:
They have officialy announced that sometime in 2018 the all stars kit will be available for purchase to everyone via retail.

Did something change ? If so i think they would have announced it.

They said on their Facebook that they are making the faction available but not the play mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
This used to be my favorite game, and as new factions came out that made tracking power more complicated it started to see less and less play time. My group started to lose interest as it felt more like a chore.

So I see the new all star event playmats and I get excited. Then I find out my local gamestore was closing their doors and I wouldn't be able to get it. Now they tell me that it won't be available for purchase... That doesn't make sense. It would yield a nice profit for the company to make this available. It's really not right that a few people to have this awesome addition to the game. Especially someone like myself that has purchased every piece available for it. They should at least make it available via special order, something. I'm willing to pay for it but I won't buy it on eBay or other price gouging site.

I was hoping that this mat would allow me to get the game to the table more. The less it gets to the table the less I want to purchase expansions because they won't get used. I purchased the last two expansions and haven't touched them yet, it's disheartening as this is a great game.

You should just sell it all and be done with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
There's files on bgg you can print out to track bases and I'd bet they work just as well as the mat

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/91736/smash-base-mats

What I do though is I just bought 6 or 7 20 sided dice and use those. If you're not playing with rockstars just put them on top of the breakpoint to indicate how much more power is needed to break the base. If you are playing with rockstars than just but them next to the breakpoint or above it or something.

It works pretty well but you got to remember to update them.

Also you could always try to find the mat on ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The playmat is very large and not light. I'd be concerned that you'd find the cost inhibitive, and that stores would be reluctant to stock the atypically sized box. Just my $.02. On the other hand, if they get their online store clicking, a print-to-order solution may be feasible for those willing to pay the shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use. Four sets of 10 d6 colored die. One for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman15 wrote:
TheRubexCube wrote:

You should just sell it all and be done with it.

I'm close to doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Father Time wrote:
There's files on bgg you can print out to track bases and I'd bet they work just as well as the mat

What I do though is I just bought 6 or 7 20 sided dice and use those. If you're not playing with rockstars just put them on top of the breakpoint to indicate how much more power is needed to break the base. If you are playing with rockstars than just but them next to the breakpoint or above it or something.

At one point I was using my munchkin counter. Which actually worked really well but I only have one lol. They should make something like that for smash up or even numbered tokens 1-30. Since the bases can get kinda high using the munchkin expansion lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Father Time wrote:

The problem with the mat being on eBay is that people usually try to price gouge. Instead of letting someone else enjoy it they'd rather rip you off. AEG doesn't need to mass produce the mat but they should make something to make base tracking easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
Father Time wrote:

The problem with the mat being on eBay is that people usually try to price gouge. Instead of letting someone else enjoy it they'd rather rip you off. AEG doesn't need to mass produce the mat but they should make something to make base tracking easier.

I just printed out some base mats as the other poster suggested, then took them to be laminated. Cost like $10 or less. I've used them for a couple years, but just got the mat from my store.

To be honest the mat isn't really much better, since it doesn't leave tons of room on some ends to play minions, and one base is too far to even reach if u are on the opposite side. Basically it just looks nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
sonus wrote:
TheRubexCube wrote:
Father Time wrote:

I just printed out some base mats as the other poster suggested, then took them to be laminated. Cost like $10 or less. I've used them for a couple years, but just got the mat from my store.

To be honest the mat isn't really much better, since it doesn't leave tons of room on some ends to play minions, and one base is too far to even reach if u are on the opposite side. Basically it just looks nice.

I also have the mat. It's nice but it's not better than my suggestion of 20 sided dice. Then again I don't play with Munchkin smash that often (I like it but most of the people I play with don't). Still the things I linked to you basically are the mat's solution in paper form. I wouldn't give up on Smash Up yet.

I'm sure you can buy things similar to Munchkin counters but not specific to Smash Up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.