Zachary Malschick

Louisiana
msg tools
mb
Trying to decide if I should wait or buy a used copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that backers are receiving there boxes Game Salute is probably gearing up for the 6th edition to follow the trend they had been doing.

Backers get 4th edition...Big Box Launched on KS
Backers get Big Box version...5th Edition Launched on KS

So would assume now...

Backers get 5th edition...6th edition launched on KS.

LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Leone
msg tools
I am in a simular position. I can get the Big Box set or wait for the 5th edition. Not sure which is the better choice. The Big Box set has all the expansions I could want, however I heard that there were misprints on the board.
On the other hand I could wait for the 5th edition, the street date varies from Sept 15 to December. The video from GenCon said early in September, but the online store I buy my games have it listed as 4th quarter.

Any advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb
Try it on Tabletopia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
leonej wrote:
I am in a simular position. I can get the Big Box set or wait for the 5th edition. Not sure which is the better choice. The Big Box set has all the expansions I could want, however I heard that there were misprints on the board.
On the other hand I could wait for the 5th edition, the street date varies from Sept 15 to December. The video from GenCon said early in September, but the online store I buy my games have it listed as 4th quarter.

Any advice?

Just take whichever you see in stores. The editions are so frequent and the changes so minor (I'm probably mistaken, but wasn't the big selling point of the 5th a new box cover and no tuck boxes?) it's just ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the big box at a recent sale and they sent me the missing tile and a couple stickers to add clarification on some boards.
I do miss the tuckboxes though, I thought those were an awesome addition to 4e.
It is an interesting marketing/publication schedule they have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
badge
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy without the tuck boxes and was gutted after seeing them in another version.

I would also have loved the flip side of the game board with extras, I might have to try and source these somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Malschick

Louisiana
msg tools
mb
Looks like it's available now.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/gsuh1030.html

...after I just bought Terraforming Mars, too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said, it's available now online (www.gamesworthplaying.com) or at your FLGS. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.