Hide
2 Posts

The Golden Ages» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is a worker always laid down when ending its move? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry if this question seems obvious but I still find the rules a bit ambiguous on the subject.

The way we have assumed movement works is that once a move (however long) is complete, the worker is placed on its side. This happens eg. when founding a city or taking control of a resource.

But what happens if a worker enters an area having finished its move, but there is no available resource or the resource is already held by one of its own workers/cities?

Does (a) the worker then have to be laid down because exhausted after finishing its move?

Or (b) is it possible for it to stay standing and move on during a subsequent turn in the same era?

We have assumed (a) is true up to now. Are we correct? Obviously if (a) is true then movement technology is crucial, as it limits the distance of exploration/attack for any worker. If (b) is true, then there is theoretically no limit, though a turn will be 'wasted' for each move in which nothing is achieved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's (a)

As per the rules "At the end of the explorer action, the player lays down the used colonist."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.