Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Rice
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Everyone....I'm looking for a couple Starter Box decks (or the equivalent two decks) just to give the game a try. Big fan of Crossfire and would love to check this out. Anyone have one laying around I could take a look at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kuprijanow
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey.

This is a valid question, as I have no idea whether the initial SR starter decks have been playable out-of-the-box at all or rather not. I posted some of the first-step-deck tuning remarks by Robert Simon in a parallel thread, but they only come in handy if you already have a starter deck to tinker with whistle

Sealed single starter decks might be tough to find soblue
It is not really much of a great deal to pay ~15$ for a new/used starter, as some online pricing might suggest. Perhaps it would make more sense to invest the money in another Crossfire expansion or cyberpunk game. Just my 2 cents after giving the TCG an extensive playtest with a big card pool some years ago. The gaming experience with only a minimum of cards might be even less stellar, as the SR TCG and its twisted rare card importance WILL punish you for NOT BEING a Mr. Suitcase-player.

If you come from Crossfire, you might get a bit disappointed. SR:CF is a difficult game to beat, but people like it for the hardness you have to endure and overcome and I respect that in its consistent design. The SR TCG has a wee bit too many growing pains as a product of 90s game design and is not really worth the memory lane trip, financially speaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.