Subject: The manual review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Finn

CLACKAMAS
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really was impressed by the manual, it looks like this game will do a good job of thematically reflecting the powers of the JLA. I really like how superman and green lantern powers are simulated, and looks like it will thematically represent the heroes well.

My only immediate call out. The flash. I really think the flash for 2 token should be able to make pass by attacks on opponents one for every space he move chooses a adjacent enemy to take 1D damage (and still not being impaired by area control.

Sure, not much damage, but great for weakening the minions while the rest of the heroes pound on the big baddy.

He can of course run around a villain pounding him 6 times, but they are weak attacks and not likely to get much damage past their defenses, and again thematic as heck!

Do Aquaman and Flash ever regain tokens? can they rest in combat to restore spent tokens? Maybe have Flash run and spend a turn doing nothing next to a food cart? and Aquaman next to a.... water fountain. lol ok maybe not that...

I'm so fricken excited about this game!!! It should totally be at the top of the BGG hotness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
ender101 wrote:
I really was impressed by the manual, it looks like this game will do a good job of thematically reflecting the powers of the JLA. I really like how superman and green lantern powers are simulated, and looks like it will thematically represent the heroes well.

My only immediate call out. The flash. I really think the flash for 2 token should be able to make pass by attacks on opponents one for every space he move chooses a adjacent enemy to take 1D damage (and still not being impaired by area control.

Sure, not much damage, but great for weakening the minions while the rest of the heroes pound on the big baddy.

He can of course run around a villain pounding him 6 times, but they are weak attacks and not likely to get much damage past their defenses, and again thematic as heck!

Do Aquaman and Flash ever regain tokens? can they rest in combat to restore spent tokens? Maybe have Flash run and spend a turn doing nothing next to a food cart? and Aquaman next to a.... water fountain. lol ok maybe not that...

I'm so fricken excited about this game!!! It should totally be at the top of the BGG hotness!

Yes! Here's a game that FINALLY captures superhero powers well. I hope it's as good as it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Weiß
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
Where did you read the manual? Is it public?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marc Aurel wrote:
Where did you read the manual? Is it public?

You can read it here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/151962/final-english-rule...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ender101 wrote:

The Flash has all tokens available and restore 1 token per turn, Aquaman start with 5 tokens and take 1 each turn.
I've have played it and the game is a blast!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buster Lehn
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone!

We are so very happy to hear that you like what you've seen in the rules!

We've spent more than two years working in this project and we've read hundreds of comic books in the process (yes, my job is tough...) beacuse we really wanted to bring that amazing DC flavor to Justice League: Dawn of Heroes. We wanted each character to be different, and for the players to have a different sensation when playing with each one of them.
I can only hope that it will show in the game and convince all of you DC and board game fans!!

And thank you Pedro, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the demo, it was a real pleasure showing you the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor Larsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lovely!

I noticed that the Spiel Preview tool lists this game as "for sale" atr Essen this year :-)

Do you know what the price will be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buster Lehn
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Thor,

We are still determining the final price, there are some costs from production and shipping that we still need to consider, but I can tell you that it will be somewhere in the 75/80€ range. Naturally, we will apply a small Essen discount for the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the Tutorial and the first Mission and I must say i like the Game. The best Thing is the way the superhero/Villains Powers are different and fit.
It is more on the Light Side but really fun to Play. I also like the Fact that you have some small campaigns and every Mission the Winner gets a Bonus for the Fnal Battle.

I must correct myself, first look the best for me is the Overall Theme is represented in an awesome way.

Little bad Thing: For the Price of 75 Euros the components could be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janis Grunte
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
C'est la vie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. The game is really fun. BUT saying that components could be better is putting it mildly. They have a rushed feel to it. Lots of the components in the rule book dont match the actual ones. And the quality is on the low side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.