Raiders of the North Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions also by Renegade? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is Renegade also picking up the publishing for the expansion in the US? Will they be released at the same time as the rest of the world?
Also are the expansions really each $50 MSRP? Miniature Market already has them on pre-order so I just wanted to double check. Seems kind of high for expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Renegade are also doing the expansions. Set to be released soon after Kickstarter rewards are sent out. MSRP is $30 USD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:
... MSRP is $30 USD.

for each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Base game is $50 MSRP, expansions are $30 MSRP each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that the expansions were NZD50 (around USD36) in the Kickstarter... is there any extras that the Kickstarter backers are paying for (apart from getting them first) that people buying at retail won't get?

It just seems a little unfair to KS backers if the actual retail version is cheaper...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
shem84 wrote:
Yes, Renegade are also doing the expansions. Set to be released soon after Kickstarter rewards are sent out. MSRP is $30 USD.

Nice, strange that they have it listed as $50 MSRP for both expansions though. It' way more expensive than it should be, maybe they'll fix their pricing later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Molokov wrote:
Given that the expansions were NZD50

They were $40 NZD on the Kickstarter. You're adding in the shipping costs. There are no exclusives in the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Kickstarter backer I was bummed to thinking how much $ I would have saved if my crystal ball would have told me about this. However, remember that we had access at least to the special box that all will go in (I'm assuming Renegade won't sell that?)
Plus you also got the joy of knowing that you were part of making this exist in the 1st place.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sad thing is, I can never complete with sites like Miniature Market or CSI underselling my products. Renegade are not doing the Collector's Box, so it won't be sold in US retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Grayslake
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mb
shem84 wrote:
expansions are $30 MSRP each.

mrranch wrote:
As a Kickstarter backer I was bummed to thinking how much $ I would have saved if my crystal ball would have told me about this.

I must be missing something - it looks to me like MM has the Raiders expansions listed as follows (more expensive than the kickstarter):
Hall of Heroes Expansion, Fields of Flame Expansion
Regular Price: $50.00 Special Price:$34.00

Kickstarter:
ADVENTURER
90 NZD / 64 USD / 61 EUR
Both Expansions

INCLUDES:
1 copy of Fields of Fame
1 copy of Hall of Heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
shem84 wrote:
The sad thing is, I can never complete with sites like Miniature Market or CSI underselling my products. Renegade are not doing the Collector's Box, so it won't be sold in US retail.

I don't know about underselling your products. Right now the expansion is listed at a $50 MSRP and a $35 sale price. Even with the price cut it's still less expensive than you you said actual MSRP is. SO right now you are winning =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Boulder Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm reading in the news that the expansions are due at retail on October 11th. Kind of disappointed that I preordered thru the publisher the whole lot (base+ expansions+ big box) and I haven't gotten ti, much less that it's been shipped out to me yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That BGG news post is incorrect. Only the base game of Raiders is releasing on Oct 11th. Expansions won't be released until Kickstarter rewards have been sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðberg Haraldsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard any dates for the rest of the Saga and the expansions?

The Renegades website has all of them down as Q4 2017 but nothing more but I just saw Runesaga and Shipwrights for pre-order as an Essen pick-up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.