Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Getting ready for my first game and I managed to roll
Fog @ Low
Scenario starts @ 09:30, so it is not transformed into Broken Cloud by being at 10:00 or later. If I read the table correctly a Fog Low results in
Cloudy Low
Fog Deck

So, what happens at the start of turn 16 when the clock strikes 10? I presume the Cloudy Low and Fog Deck both disappear and are replaced by
Broken Cloud @ Low/Deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
Okay. Getting ready for my first game and I managed to roll
Fog @ Low
Scenario starts @ 09:30, so it is not transformed into Broken Cloud by being at 10:00 or later. If I read the table correctly a Fog Low results in
Cloudy Low
Fog Deck

So, what happens at the start of turn 16 when the clock strikes 10? I presume the Cloudy Low and Fog Deck both disappear and are replaced by
Broken Cloud @ Low/Deck

You are correct. The Fog would lift. As this is your first scenario, I would recommend that you roll again for Wx at start as per 3.1 Weather Determination Phase. Depending on scenario, you could also delay your takeoffs until 10:00 when the fog lifts but would shorten your time to complete scenario if it was a shorter timeframe one which might not be practical.

Don't know if you are playing solo or not but if you need an opponent I would be glad to play a Vassal game with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - there would be Weather Event check on Game Turn 10 that could cause the Fog to lift prior to Turn 16.

WW1 aircraft would not (should not) attempt to takeoff in Fog - too disorienting for pilots with limited instruments and not trained for such activity.

I did not put a restriction in the rules to prevent players from doing something ahistorical because there are always exceptions. I'm sure somebody tried to takeoff in that type of weather whether practical or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the VASSAL offer, but I push cardboard to get away from the screen.

For the "fun" of it, I'm going to ground everyone until the fog lifts, either via turn 10's Wx roll or the 10:00 Tee Time. I'll try to stick to the scenario's original timetable. I'm mainly doing it to learn the game mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
Thanks for the VASSAL offer, but I push cardboard to get away from the screen.

For the "fun" of it, I'm going to ground everyone until the fog lifts, either via turn 10's Wx roll or the 10:00 Tee Time. I'll try to stick to the scenario's original timetable. I'm mainly doing it to learn the game mechanics.

Unfortunately I rarely get to play Wargames FtF so Vassal is a godsend for me. Which scenario are you playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#3. It seemed like a good first one to try with no recon/bomber/balloon tasking, just fighters swanning about.

When I get a chance to look at it and do some arithmetic, I'll see if the 30 MPH wind to the NW also conspires to make it Mission Impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
#3. It seemed like a good first one to try with no recon/bomber/balloon tasking, just fighters swanning about.

When I get a chance to look at it and do some arithmetic, I'll see if the 30 MPH wind to the NW also conspires to make it Mission Impossible.

Pretty good one to play Solo - I would have the British just fly their patrol lines and use the Jasta 11 flight as your primary player to see which British flight you could take out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.