tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adil M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was disappointed with that game honestly, it really feels like a gamers game so it falls a bit flat with other people and the rules are confusing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Decent price according to Boardgameprices.com:

Miniature Market $40.00
Amazon.com $48.47
Cool Stuff Inc. $50.49
Cardhaus $47.99
Game Nerdz $44.97
Game Surplus $54.95
Funagain Games $55.99
Boardlandia $57.75
Roll for Crit $49.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can place an order - it has rejected me several times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmbmbmb
Adil3tr wrote:
I was disappointed with that game honestly, it really feels like a gamers game so it falls a bit flat with other people and the rules are confusing

Well, uh, yeah. Not really a game for first time gamers... at all.

Great game, though. I only sold mine because it didn't make it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbara Leandri
United States
Westbrook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI includes free shipping with that price so there really is only a 4.00 difference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Batten
msg tools
mbmbmb
Twinado2k7 wrote:
CSI includes free shipping with that price so there really is only a 4.00 difference

I'm not sure I understand this comment. MM also does free shipping for larger orders. And since they do a hold system, it makes it even easier to bundle things up into big orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElasticPanda wrote:
Twinado2k7 wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this comment. MM also does free shipping for larger orders. And since they do a hold system, it makes it even easier to bundle things up into big orders.

The comment is that if you just wanted to buy the game and nothing else then it's only a $4 difference as CSI provides free shipping on that game without adding other games to the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Batten
msg tools
mbmbmb
SilverBulletKY wrote:
ElasticPanda wrote:
Twinado2k7 wrote:

The comment is that if you just wanted to buy the game and nothing else then it's only a $4 difference as CSI provides free shipping on that game without adding other games to the order.

Oh. I didn't realize that CSI offered free shipping on orders with select items. Has that always been something they've done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lan Chan
msg tools
mbmb
I thought CSI only gives free shipping >100$?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Batten
msg tools
mbmbmb
rslancer wrote:
I thought CSI only gives free shipping >100$?

I just checked after SilverBulletKY's reply. It looks CSI has a special offer just for Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization that makes shipping on the order free. First time seeing that for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lan Chan
msg tools
mbmb
Oh I see. Either way too heavy/long for me. According to BGG at least a 2-4 hour game whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gimo Barrera
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
We should take Bikini Bottom
badge
and push it somewhere else
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the game, but haven't tried the new version, what are the big (non graphical) differences from the first one? Worth picking up if you have the older version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Z
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
gimodude wrote:
Love the game, but haven't tried the new version, what are the big (non graphical) differences from the first one? Worth picking up if you have the older version?

Check out this YouTube video from CGE, the producer of the game, for a good comparison video of the 2 versions. Not only did the art receive an upgrade, but there are a few rules changes and cards were tweaked if they were deemed to be too powerful or too weak.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
rslancer wrote:
Oh I see. Either way too heavy/long for me. According to BGG at least a 2-4 hour game whistle

Learning game with 4 when the teacher was experienced took almost 8 hours. Good times, but yeah, long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
rslancer wrote:

Learning game with 4 when the teacher was experienced took almost 8 hours. Good times, but yeah, long.

7.5 hours for me. Obviously includes getting food. We took our time as well, so it can be done quicker. I think 1.5 hours per player is a legit estimate. Digital version out this week. CGE has great resources for the game on their site. Easily a Top 5 game for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Amazing price. It was $60+ when CSI had an exclusive on it. Every board gamer should at least give this a try, if only to behold the innovative mechanics and clean presentation. Every aspect is very refined. The rulebook is a marvel of clarity, and a joy to read. My few plays with my adult daughter have been a blast. We leave it set up, playing an hour at a time, spread over a couple of days. I'm keeping this game forever, right next to Twilight Struggle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.