Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Table Battles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cromwell 'ANY' dice. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cromwell needs a pair to screen, but hits per 1 dice. He can take any die without limit. Is the player limited to selecting one number to add to the formation per turn or is everything left in the pool eligible even if they're an assortment of numbers? If it's a collection of numbers are they all eligible to inflict hits for the attack?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if "Any" is equivalent to 1/2/3/4/5/6? If so, then you could place any dice of one "type" at a time.

As for attacking, I understood it that you remove ALL dice when you take the action and the card says "1 hit per die", so it would be all dice result in hits.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
I wonder if "Any" is equivalent to 1/2/3/4/5/6? If so, then you could place any dice of one "type" at a time.

As for attacking, I understood it that you remove ALL dice when you take the action and the card says "1 hit per die", so it would be all dice result in hits.


This is correct - "Any" means 1/2/3/4/5/6, but you're still limited to placing dice of one type. You could places two one's on one roll, and then one four on another roll, and thus have three dice - 1, 1, 4 - that, if used to attack, would inflict three hits.

You do indeed remove ALL dice on the card every time you take an action or a reaction (so forcing Cromwell to react is a good way to neutralize him scoring all those hits on you).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:

You do indeed remove ALL dice on the card every time you take an action or a reaction (so forcing Cromwell to react is a good way to neutralize him scoring all those hits on you).

Oh, he's dangerous, as my wife found out last night.

"Are you kidding!? Who's this Cromwell guy?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

You do indeed remove ALL dice on the card every time you take an action or a reaction (so forcing Cromwell to react is a good way to neutralize him scoring all those hits on you).

Oh, he's dangerous, as my wife found out last night.

"Are you kidding!? Who's this Cromwell guy?"


I just laughed so hard that Vernor's Ginger Ale came out of my nose.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.