Subject: New to Game - want to check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev Ansett
United Kingdom
Ashtead
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok - dont kill me for asking but want to be 100% sure.

If I play a card that has an event on it but use it for ops points.

Do I get the event PLUS the op points
OR

Do I just get the op points.

I know its a stupid question but want to be sure we are playing this right for the next one...

BTW - Tip top game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not get both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Ansett
United Kingdom
Ashtead
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok - so if I (as USSR) - play Castro as an Op - I get the points - not Castro?

Yup - we got that bit wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play your own event or a neutral event for ops, and the event does not occur, you can play an enemy event for ops but they will get the event before or after (your choice) you use your ops.

If as USSR you play Castro for ops, you get the 2 ops, and the card goes in the discard pile so it will come back to the deck after the next reshuffle, if you played it for the event it's removed from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clemente
United States
Seabrook
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Ok - dont kill me for asking but want to be 100% sure.

Actually, you don't need to apologize for asking or fear being flamed. I remember when I first started playing, several mechanics of the game were confusing ... or maybe the right word is "non-intuitive."

One is what you asked about ... the card player can choose to play ops or event, except when playing an enemy card. Then he is in essence, playing both. In that case the only decision is, which comes first, the ops or the event. It is a cool mechanic but definitely not obvious to first time players.

The even less intuitive mechanic is ... if defcon goes to 1, the phasing player is the loser, no matter how it happened or got there. The simplest, most obvious example is Olympic games. If defcon is 2 and you play it for the event, your opponent can choose to boycott and bingo!, nuclear war! It seems like the opponent who made a choice to cause defcon 1 should be the loser, but no. The phasing player loses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.