4 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Pets» Forums » General

Subject: Pet Cerby question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nice devil
msg tools
Hey there,

we played the first 3 Scenarios of the pets campaign right now.

As usual not everthing is realy clear
My girlfriend got Cerby as pet. We played it this way if she want's to attack more than 1 target because of Cerby's special ability:

She tells me which target is first and 2nd one.
Then she rolls only once. The attacks from this roll is used against target one and target two. Was that right or does she has to roll 2 times, one for each target with the same weapon?

And a little general question (can't find anything in rule book). I know what it means "In Cerby's Space" and I know what it means "Close to it", but what is "Flanked Enemy"?

Here examples what I understood with these descriptions, the middle is the point where the hero is standing, X is that where it could attack or where special abilities work

"In Cerby's Space"

OOO
OXO
OOO

"Close to it"

OXO
XXX
OXO

"Flanked"?

XOX
OOO
XOX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
You always make roll. Pick a primary target, make any adjustments according to it, then secondary targets have to face the same roll.

For example, if Scarlet (+1 dice if target is flanked) attacks 2 targets - a Hornet and Koala.

The hornet is flanked and the Koala isn't.

If the Hornet is the primary target, Scarlet will gain the extra dice and both target will have to defend against the roll.

If the Koala is the primary target, Scarlet doesn't gain the extra dice against either of them.

Same space - The square you are on.

Close space - The square you are on or an adjust (non diagonal square)

Flanked - If the target has at least 1 enemy close to it other than the target and that is not a pet.

So for example, if you attack an Orc and he has another of your heroes next to it or another player's heroes then he is flanked.

For enemy players you count your heroes, other player heroes or monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Oddly, the rules for flanking are on cards, not the rules (target has one other close enemy).

Generally if an attack has multiple targets, you only roll once and roll for defenders separately. Additionally, only one monster counter attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nice devil
msg tools
Thank you both for fast reply
Makes thing clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.