Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Re-rolling blanks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's not anywhere, you're not missing anything. There's no innate ability to re-roll dice.

A couple of heroes/classes have abilities to re-roll dice / blanks (two different abilities). The most prevalent of these are Sibyl and the Nightshade Ranger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is so weird. The rules seem to hint at it, but I guess that I was just plain wrong the. Learn something every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The part that threw me off at first were the loot cards that read, "re-roll blanks AN ADDITIONAL TIME"

I think the "AN ADDITIONAL TIME" just signifies that should you have another ability that allows a re-roll, you may use the loot to do it again.

I looked through the rulebook and found no mention of an inherent re-roll for character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Piorkowski
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
ChipChuck wrote:
The part that threw me off at first were the loot cards that read, "re-roll blanks AN ADDITIONAL TIME"

I think the "AN ADDITIONAL TIME" just signifies that should you have another ability that allows a re-roll, you may use the loot to do it again.

I looked through the rulebook and found no mention of an inherent re-roll for character.

I think the inclusion of "AN ADDITONAL TIME" comes from the idea in some other games that you are only allowed to re-roll a die once. The paladin type character has the innate ability to re-roll blanks on defense dice. That would be my guess at that particular choice of verbage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.