Popular Tags: [View All]
Søren Bugge
Denmark
Copenhagen
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi There,

I have a copy of The Guns of August without counters (a gift but more or less worthless at the moment).

Is there anybody out there, who have an idea, about how I can get hold of the Counters punched or not punched (4 countersheets).

Yours,
Søren Bugge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't find the counters anywhere. Best I could find was a listing for the game on ebay for $24. It's used, but the seller claims it's complete, and, since the seller is Noble Knight Games, a reputable dealer, that provides some confidence that it is all there.

I guess it depends on how much you want to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
can you make your own using the counter sheet image scans in the images section? They're a little blurry, but it is better than nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Popejoy
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
GWX Dev Team
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,

If you're patient, you can always use MS-Powerpoint to create the counters one at a time. The font for the numbers is Helvetica Inserat LT Std.

Hope this helps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Preiser
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're up for some arts & crafts, you can download from the files section on the game page.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143508/counters

I noticed it does not include the counter substitution chits, but I prefer to play without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Søren Bugge
Denmark
Copenhagen
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers :)

When I decide that I have to try the game, I'll probably make my own counters (units), using the very nice layout of the counters that you linked to.

Regarding the markers, I'll probably use some from another game, that looks similar. A marker just have to illustrate a state in the game, and does not have to look excactly like the originals.

Søren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.