Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gallagher
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Spectrum is Green
mbmbmbmbmb
...is absolutely incredible!

A few days ago I asked a question over on the TMB: Tink pages regarding one of the skill dice (my No. 1 die has a blank face). Patrik Severinsson kindly pointed me to a link showing me what the missing face should be.

In my original post I did say that the missing transfer was no biggie and that I could live with it and I only wanted confirmation of what the face should be. But within hours of that post, Adam Carlson (for those new to CTG; he is one of the games designers) added that they would send me a replacement die.

One Die. In the Post. To the UK. Without being asked.

I'm blown away by this generosity and CTG's attention to their products and customers.

I was a fan of CTG before but now... Uberfan.

Cheers Adam! You're a Top Bloke (as we say over here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Martin
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to the same sort of customer service.

When I received my TMB I found that one of the dice was missing one transfer and had a duplicate of another transfer in it's place. I emailed CTG Customer Service about this and am awaiting a response.

I took care of it with a Sharpie for now, but the components all look too good to have to live with this one die stand out as a misfit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are a small company and extremely busy right now so the downside is we may have a small wait but I'm sure they'll take care of it. I had an issue with my Triplock order (missing a couple add ons) and had to submit a request yesterday. I will say they are usually very responsive so if you don't hear from them in a 2 - 3 days I would a) look in your spam folder and/or b) send them another email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hail!
badge
Hail!
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep hearing this same message, and I really wish I could agree, but I can't seem to get a simple response to any of my emails despite the instructions I've received here (in another thread). I sent a third message this morning in hopes of getting a response. This time I used a different email provider and sent it directly to Adam and Josh Carlson (per instructions). I know I have a shitty email provider, so hopefully using a different email address will help get my message through. Fingers crossed!

I'm loving the game and the lopsided dice that I'd like to get replaced aren't game breaking, so I can be patient.

Edit: I got a response! Thanks CTG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CzarCastik wrote:
I keep hearing this same message, and I really wish I could agree, but I can't seem to get a simple response to any of my emails despite the instructions I've received here (in another thread). I sent a third message this morning in hopes of getting a response. This time I used a different email provider and sent it directly to Adam and Josh Carlson (per instructions). I know I have a shitty email provider, so hopefully using a different email address will help get my message through. Fingers crossed!

I'm loving the game and the lopsided dice that I'd like to get replaced aren't game breaking, so I can be patient.

I have played TMB and think the game is fantastic. However, the threads are filled with comments about misprints on the dice. I don't recall similar comments from users of FFG's Destiny. Are poor quality dice limited to a particular print run or has TMB dice always had these issues?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good question Mike. In the base game we have 139 dice all custom made. With add-ons it's over 200 dice. Our dice are manufactured at the exact same factory as SWD and with the exact same printing process.

That being said, I'm sure the overall start to finish process is different between us and SWD. We are still small and while we have requested and are paying for ramped up quality control, I'm sure SWD is able to pay for that at a whole other level. We will get there. Until then, we will continue to pay for as high of QC as we can get (without losing money) and then continue to do our best to replace anything subpar that slips through.

I'll just add that our team loves SWD and own waaaay too many SWD dice and, they too, have centering and surface damage issues at times. Registration, while still important, is usually not as critical as a chipped, misprinted, or malformed die in TMB. So we try to prioritize replacements a bit base on that.

Anyway, glad to hear the OP likes our service! We try to monitor posts on BGG and the like and fixed things we can, even when not asked. For those that HAVE asked, yes, we are a bit swamped still but will be getting to replacement requests again VERY soon. Thanks for your patience!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game is amazing, and I actually just ordered the 3 expansion characters that I said I didn't need when I ordered after actually playing the game. That being said, I can't help but feel a little sour about seeing how attentive they are to posts on these forums, yet I sent an email 5 days ago I still haven't really gotten a response. It's like, I know you're there, get off BGG and answer your emails haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent D.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob,

Care to share the link you got regarding the dice face? Did it lead to a collection of pictures of the dice face? Or just the singular one you were interested in resolving?

I'm jazzed, game is supposed to show up at the house tomorrow!

Captain Scarlet wrote:
...is absolutely incredible!

A few days ago I asked a question over on the TMB: Tink pages regarding one of the skill dice (my No. 1 die has a blank face). Patrik Severinsson kindly pointed me to a link showing me what the missing face should be.

In my original post I did say that the missing transfer was no biggie and that I could live with it and I only wanted confirmation of what the face should be. But within hours of that post, Adam Carlson (for those new to CTG; he is one of the games designers) added that they would send me a replacement die.

One Die. In the Post. To the UK. Without being asked.

I'm blown away by this generosity and CTG's attention to their products and customers.

I was a fan of CTG before but now... Uberfan.

Cheers Adam! You're a Top Bloke (as we say over here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Point taken Bryan. We are in the hiring process yet again this week for more help in that area. Until then, Adam and I and Ghillie have been trying to catch up as best we can. Thanks for your patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdulla AlKendi
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luffingsails wrote:
Bob,

Care to share the link you got regarding the dice face? Did it lead to a collection of pictures of the dice face? Or just the singular one you were interested in resolving?

You'll find it and many more on their support page:
http://chiptheorygames.com/pages/support
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallagher
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Spectrum is Green
mbmbmbmbmb
alkendi wrote:
luffingsails wrote:
Bob,

You'll find it and many more on their support page:
http://chiptheorygames.com/pages/support

Sorry Trent, Abdulla got there before me. (Hope your game got to your house safe and sound; a couple of weeks for me yet I think...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ribits
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd just like to tack onto this thread my experience with CTG.

When Too Many Bones arrived, I found a few dice with damage or misprinted faces, but I didn't find them all at the same time. In total, they sent me replacement dice for everything I found over 3 envelopes. Outstanding customer service. I'm hooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just hopping on here to add that we're bringing in more customer service help starting next week. We've seen it get harder to respond efficiently and in a timely manner as we've grown, and we've now *officially* taken steps to address it.

To anyone who has NOT received a prompt or timely reply, we hear you, and we're going to make sure it's resolved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Martin
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
undone01 wrote:
I'm looking forward to the same sort of customer service.

When I received my TMB I found that one of the dice was missing one transfer and had a duplicate of another transfer in it's place. I emailed CTG Customer Service about this and am awaiting a response.

I took care of it with a Sharpie for now, but the components all look too good to have to live with this one die stand out as a misfit.

Mea culpa - my bad. After figuring I had waited long enough for some form of response I went back to CTG's website to try and contact them again.

This time I found the section specifically for reporting a "Game Component Issue". Somehow I managed to miss the section before blush

I've now submitted my request through the proper channels, received an immediate response and have every confidence that it will resolved in a timely manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an issue where they sent me double the dice for one character and none for another. They quickly responded to my email and I received the new dice very quickly. They definitely have top-notch customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not receive a response but received my missing items quickly thru the mail. It was while they were extremely busy shipping out TMB and Triplock. So even if you don't hear back chances are you'll get what you needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.