Hide
5 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Town market phase trade/reorganise rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Innes Clatworthy
msg tools
Is it allowed for players to trade/reorganise at any time during the town market phase or only at the end? It seems a bit silly if they can't but there may be a mechanics reason for doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
We do, both before, during and after the town phase. Our argument is: if you have time to eat, drink and rest, I'm pretty sure you'd have time to exchange/equip items too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Innes Clatworthy
msg tools
That's what I thought too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Simon Brochu
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about transmute, if it's a free action in a scenario, I can't see no reason why it would be impossible in the town market huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chingloves wrote:
Is it allowed for players to trade/reorganise at any time during the town market phase or only at the end? It seems a bit silly if they can't but there may be a mechanics reason for doing so.

There is a note in Red text on page 39:
"IMPORTANT: During the Town Market phase, Heroes may discuss and
freely trade items between them, before trading with the Town Market."

I missed it at first too. Something about the red text. I seem to block it from sight.

As far as transmuting, I think that is covered by the Trading Equipment for other Equipment action of the Town phase. You can trade in equipment for other equipment of equal level value. What I'm not sure about is can you go beyond the examples they give? Or are those examples intended to be the available options?
It says you can trade 1 for 1, 2 for 1 or 1 for 2. Then is goes on to say "as long as the combined Level of the cards discarded is equal to or greater than the combined Level of the cards acquired.", which could suggest it's open for other combinations...like 4 level 1s for a level 4. Or do you think it's intended to be a strict outline of what you can do?

What is clear is whatever combination you choose you can only do it once so you need to make it count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.