Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Dundon
England
wakefield
flag msg tools
mb
Hi All,

If a marketer is occupied with an advertising campaign is he/she still consider to occupy a slot in the corporate structure?

Regards

Mick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
No.

Doesn't get more official than that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philcampeau wrote:
jmdsplotter wrote:
No.

Doesn't get more official than that!

Heh, true!

But even though they're not in the structure, you DO still have to pay them if they have the dollar sign symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and you can't fire them unless they're the last paid employee(s) and you owe more than you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Dundon
England
wakefield
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse Custer wrote:
... and you can't fire them unless they're the last paid employee(s) and you owe more than you have.

I'm sure you've got an official source for this. Do you have a link for me? And I'm curious to know what happens in this case. Does the campaign keep running?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that if you couldn't pay what you're owed you were bankrupt as described here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21114285#21114285
I haven't heard about a specific case that mentions that you can sack marketeers that are busy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WilbertK wrote:

I'm sure you've got an official source for this. Do you have a link for me? And I'm curious to know what happens in this case. Does the campaign keep running?

Is the rulebook an official enough source?

The Rules wrote:

In exceptional cases, a player may have no money but an obligation to pay a busy marketeer. In this case, the marketeer must be fired. The corresponding marketing campaign remains on the board. Note that this is only allowed if you have already fired all of your other employees that require a salary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell White
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WilbertK wrote:
Jesse Custer wrote:

It's in the rulebook in the Payday section: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/123433/english-rulebook

"Busy marketeers with a [money symbol] must still be paid. In exceptional cases, a player may have no money but an obligation to pay a busy marketeer. In this case, the marketeer must be fired. The corresponding marketing campaign remains on the board. Note that this is only allowed if you have already fired all of your other employees that require a salary."

I would assume that the marketing campaign only remains for the number of turns it was set to, as normal. Since eternal marketing also makes marketers free, you can't end up with an eternal campaign divorced from its creator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I'm an idiot. Not that that's news to anyone who knows me but still...

Sorry about that. And thanks for pointing me towards the rulebook that I thought I read thoroughly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine it's a very rare occurrence anyway - it has yet to happen in any of my games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.