6 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Map Editor & Monster Level rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
forgotten lore
msg tools
mb
The maps editor is definitely useful to ensure longevity to the game.
But I wonder, on which bases should we choose the monsters to be included in a map? Just experience?
I guess monster's level whould be the best choice to ensure balancing in the game.
Does anybody has any clue?
Simone, could you provide us a reference table or something like that??
Grazie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially, you add an enemy based on your best guess and past experience with the campaign. And then you playtest it and see how things go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a map editor?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
forgotten lore
msg tools
mb
Obviously, it could work.
But I guess the Goblins made somethins more during their playtest and finally built a reference level chart for the monsters.
What I'm asking for is just this reference.
Maybe the map editor itself could manage it.
Its just an idea, the world won't end without it and probably I'll build my maps by using some more playtest; but I think that anybody whould agree that a reference level chart could be a better way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they do have power level rankings if that's what you are asking for. Top right corner of their AI scroll, they are ranked (1-4 dots).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
forgotten lore
msg tools
mb
Yes I know but I think is too generic; infact, excepts from Orcs, every Act 1 monster is 1 dot ranked...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.