Subject: Forestation is now live on Kickstarter! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asher Weinerman
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Forestation is live on Kickstarter! Check it out at
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forestation/forestation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Wannabe
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!
There is clearly a lot to like - not least the steps taken to ensure a fairly environmentally friendly production. I personally wish the play through video covered more than just the first year - it looks like not sooo much is going on that first year, and it would really have been interesting to see how things can develop along the way to help figure out whether this is a game I should get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Weinerman
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Qwirk,

Thanks for your interest. Yes the first year is really just a set-up year for subsequent years that are more interesting. We tried playtesting without a "set-up" year but the game seemed less fulfilling without it.

We were debating adding more years to the play through video but decided it was getting too long. We submitted the game to the Undead Viking and to the Unfiltered Gamer for video reviews and they both said that would happen "in time" for the kickstarter. It hasn't happened yet but I'm anticipating within the next week (!). Hopefully those reviews will show what happens during the later years so you can decide if you want the game.

Nice to hear from a fellow nature fan.

Sincerely,

Asher Weinerman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Wannabe
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the reply!
If I had fewer games in my collection I would automatically back based on what I know so far, but right now I need to learn more, so I am looking forward to seeing those reviews. Personally I prefer play-throughs to reviews since they give me a chance to judge for myself - also because I happen to primarily be a solo gamer, so a play through makes it easier to judge if I am likely to come up with a solo version myself later. But no matter what, I am looking forward to learning more (as much as possible) about the game!
Good luck with the campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.