Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I find this box due to it's double nature more appealing and would give it the first shot. Nontheless, there is an older thread concerning the original edition of West End Adventures:

Chrysalis83 wrote:
1) Make sure you've been through the first half of the original game before even opening this one. Because SPOILERS...trust me.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1120605/west-end-adventures...

I wonder if these spoilers are still present in the space cowboys editions of both boxes? Should I go with the Thames Murders as first box instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely separate cases. No connection to any of the first. You could buy this box and play cases 5-10 first without having played any of the original 10 no problem.

I still recommend however not playing the 4 Jack cases as your first SH:CD experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Completely separate cases. No connection to any of the first. You could buy this box and play cases 5-10 first without having played any of the original 10 no problem.

I still recommend however not playing the 4 Jack cases as your first SH:CD experience.

Yes. Buy this. Then play cases 5-10 first. Then you can tackle the Jack the Ripper cases 1-4. Then you'll probably want more, so check out the free fan-made cases here in the SH:CD-Thames Murders files section, and get The Thames Murders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"The game is afoot!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember what that quote about spoilers refers to. Without spoiling anything I can tell you the original west end added a new ally who was from one of the base game cases. I assume Space Cowboys decided to remove that ally because they wanted people to be able to play the sets in any order. Anyone with the original west end should play the Thames murders first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks you all thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.