Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried this using the prototype that I made. Everyone in the group really liked it. So what we did was modify the player order rule a bit. Instead of starting with the lowest appeal company and going counter clockwise we stuck to appeal only. So the lowest appeal could have people acting on behave of then the second lowest appeal and so on. No one really wanted to act on a company they didn't own so that didn't come up in play. We decided if two people wanted to act on behalf of one company we would resolve it by priority deal order. You could only act on the company currently in order though not a company that comes later in order you happened to own. Sometimes this leads to a person being able to act two or even in one case three times in a row but that is how the order shakes out. This made some really tough decisions in the game and also made appeal a real battleground. Some people would purposively leave a company low on appeal to go first in partner phase even though they would act later in the production phase.

It did add probably about 30 minutes to the game but our group is mostly made of heavier gamers and we thought the decision space that was opened up by this was well worth the time investment. I don't know if this should be the standard way of doing this phase but I think it s should be included as an advanced variant maybe in the rule book.

Anyway really enjoyed the game overall and a couple others at the table said they are now insta bakers on this one once the kickstarter launches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.