Subject: How to take a Player owned World? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Pritchard
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
It's been a while since I played this and I'm trying to understand (Remember) the process of taking a Player owned world?

If a player owns a world but has no forces (Space or Ground, I move a fleet in do I now become the owner and get the Development value added to my Production total?

Do I need to scan using an S.T, a player owned world (assuming it has no enemy, player owned forces) before I can claim it?

Any help much appreciated, I do love this game.

John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Pritchard71 wrote:
If a player owns a world but has no forces (Space or Ground, I move a fleet in do I now become the owner and get the Development value added to my Production total?

Nope. You need to invade it. You can only capture empty *unowned* systems with fleets. See 4.41.

Since you need to do an invasion to take the system, which takes a non-survey fleet, you need a scan marker on it to jump to it.

To do the invasion, it will either need to be in your Comm range or you must invade it with drop troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pritchard
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Wow, thanks for the speedy response!

So if I want to take a player owned system..

a) It needs to have one of my scan markers placed so I can Invade using Ground forces (Drop troops may be used if out of my Comm range)

But can I send a Survey team to the enemy system (assuming it has no enemy player forces present) to Scan it ? Or can I only scan it if it's in my comms range using a Comms counter?

Really appreciate the help thanks.

John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pritchard71 wrote:
But can I send a Survey team to the enemy system (assuming it has no enemy player forces present) to Scan it ? Or can I only scan it if it's in my comms range using a Comms counter?

Sure, you can use a survey team. It just won't take control.

How you get the scan doesn't really matter, so long as you have a scan marker before the fleet goes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.