Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Lisboa» Forums » General

Subject: Music Playlist for Lisboa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
YouTube Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhMURds_6ULbwrlYO-tG7C...

Finally got to play the game last night here in London, and I was disappointed to find there were no music playlists available on YouTube or Melodice! Such a shame for a game that works its theme so well into the euro machanics. So I made one! (And it's not just a playlist of the bloody Civilization soundtrack like every other euro-citybuilder has.)

This is a playlist of period(-ish) Portuguese compositions ordered in a way that suits the overall arc of the game.

I'm Irish, my gf in from Lisbon, so a Lacerda/O'Toole collaboration about Lisbon is a real treat for us. And that's to say nothing of how great the gameplay is!

Enjoy.

P.s. I want to extend the playlist time so any appropriate recommendations are welcome.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I just listen to classic music around that time. I think there area a few channels of portugese boroque music. I'll definitely listen to your selections!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://melodice.org/playlist/lisboa-2017/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You definitely need some Fado if you're playing Lisboa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgctURyGp4&list=RDEME57zQmiW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh9YHtZzHfk&list=RDQM844ivTGc...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Yep, cheers, that's the one I just made. But Melodice doesn't seem to provide any way to change the song order, unless I've missed it. So I recommend using the YouTube playlist.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
PEdorido wrote:
You definitely need some Fado if you're playing Lisboa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgctURyGp4&list=RDEME57zQmiW...

I really enjoy Fado. But maybe it would sound too modern for this game; any fado songs you know of that have a classical slant?

Also I never know how to feel about vocals in boardgame music. Often the words are too distracting when one is trying to think through a strategy. Choral stuff is usually alright though...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevinine wrote:
PEdorido wrote:
You definitely need some Fado if you're playing Lisboa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgctURyGp4&list=RDEME57zQmiW...

I really enjoy Fado. But maybe it would sound too modern for this game; any fado songs you know of that have a classical slant?

Also I never know how to feel about vocals in boardgame music. Often the words are too distracting when one is trying to think through a strategy. Choral stuff is usually alright though...


I'm not an expert but not that I know of!

Fado has its roots in popular music and its normally played with a guitar and a Portuguese guitar.

But I do get what you're saying about vocals!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I use TuneIn to play a classical music station from Lisbon. Sure, there's some talking between songs, but I figure it just adds to the flavor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea and thanks for posting your YouTube playlist.

Nice!

M B
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kevinine wrote:
YouTube Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhMURds_6ULbwrlYO-tG7C...

Finally got to play the game last night here in London, and I was disappointed to find there were no music playlists available on YouTube or Melodice! Such a shame for a game that works its theme so well into the euro machanics. So I made one! (And it's not just a playlist of the bloody Civilization soundtrack like every other euro-citybuilder has.)

This is a playlist of period(-ish) Portuguese compositions ordered in a way that suits the overall arc of the game.

I'm Irish, my gf in from Lisbon, so a Lacerda/O'Toole collaboration about Lisbon is a real treat for us. And that's to say nothing of how great the gameplay is!

Enjoy.

P.s. I want to extend the playlist time so any appropriate recommendations are welcome.


Any list that contains Carlos Seixas, João de Sousa Carvalho e João Pedro de Almeida Mota is OK.

My favourite is Carlos Seixas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il29LgR9Ods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMt5PLoYqGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ces_eTvQtwg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gri-NURJDU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf7K1uvqTDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ces_eTvQtwg

Transcriptions for more recent instruments but that can add something to the mood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ffv2LdLylo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEHLBj5cwA

Fado is completely out of context in this theme.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please not the eurovision winning song!



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.